Intresting Christmas Dinners

Intresting Christmas Dinners - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 3rd Dec, 2003 - 6:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2003 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Have you ever had an intresting dinner for Xmas or any holliday? I will be having Mexican for this years Xmas. I try to do something different every year. Traditional stuff is ok but I like doing the unexpected!

Sponsored Links:
2nd Dec, 2003 - 2:25am / Post ID: #

Dinners Christmas Intresting

Hello Cyotie, and welcome to the Boards!

My mother decided a long time ago that turkey and/or ham was good only once a year at Thanksgiving. For Christmas, she makes lasagna from an old, authentic recipe. Big salad and sourdough garlic bread... Yummers! I can hardly wait for Christmas! biggrin.gif

Roz

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 2nd Dec, 2003 - 2:27am

2nd Dec, 2003 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Intresting Christmas Dinners Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

When I was a kid my mother decided she didn't want to cook for everyone in my stepfather's family so she decided to have Bagels for breakfast and Chinese Food Takeout for dinner.

It was great. We don't do it any more, but it was fine with me as a kid because dinner wasn't that big a deal to me as a kid. It was more about enjoying my gifts than having a big meal. Now, we have a big meal, but I bet my neices and nephews wouldn't object if we didn't. smile.gif

2nd Dec, 2003 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

This will be my first Christmas as a vegetarian wink.gif so bye bye turkey or ham smile.gif I don't know what to make yet...I'm thinking in some vegetarian lasagna or tofu, I will research the net for some ideas. I will make some chicken for Felipe although I notice he's almost a vegetarian too, I made chicken for him and he was not that crazy about it. And JB hmmm I don't know yet, he has to tell me, I bet he will want a little ham smile.gif although he's not a meat lover either.

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2003 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

We're going to have a big meal as usual. Not because it's a Christmas dinner, but because there is always lots of ppl there biggrin.gif

There will be chicken (we tried turkey once but it's not as good as chicken), different types of salads, rice, fruits and lots of delicious stuff only mom knows how to do smile.gif-->rolleyes.gif

And desserts too. yummy wink.gif

3rd Dec, 2003 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

There will be chicken (we tried turkey once but it's not as good as chicken)

Are you for real? smile.gif I think turkey is way better than chicken. Are turkey's the same in your country as they are in the states? I ask because not all lobsters are the same so I wonder if the breed of turkey is different from US.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Dec, 2003 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

Tena, Darkagent is from Brazil and I'm from Argentina so we are sort of neigboors wink.gif Turkey is not popular in Argentina at all, we love red meats..yea..very healthy laugh.gif
I don't think is a popular meat in Brazil either. I ate twice turkey for Christmas in Argentina and mainly because we had some Americans over and we wanted them to make them feel at 'home'. Our traditional meat in Christmas is roasted piglet, 'asado' (Argentinian BBQ) or roasted chicken. I loved Turkey, is a beautiful meat, specially the leftovers to make sandwiches!!!
The taste of the turkey in Argentina is a bit different to the one I tried in the USA but hey, the seasonings we use in Argentina are different also wink.gif so, is more about the seasonings than the meat itself. smile.gif

3rd Dec, 2003 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

Intresting Christmas Dinners Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

The taste of the turkey in Argentina is a bit different to the one I tried in the USA but hey, the seasonings we use in Argentina are different also  so, is more about the seasonings than the meat itself. 

That is so true. Especially with Turkey. It takes on the flavors of whatever it is spiced with. This is why ground turkey and turkey sausage can be used in a lot of situations instead of beef and no one is the wiser. I have used turkey sausage to make chili and no one could tell it wasn't beef.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 3rd Dec, 2003 - 6:45pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Intresting Christmas Dinners

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,