Microsoft

Microsoft - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 10th Dec, 2003 - 12:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Microsoft Bill Gates
Microsoft Corporation Review - Computer World Domination?
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2003 - 7:09am / Post ID: #

Microsoft
A Friend

Microsoft

Microsoft = World Domination

Plain and simple; do you think that it is likely in a few years Microsoft will dominate the world? *shudders* I can already see it now.

Also what are your opinions on Windows XP?

Sponsored Links:
2nd Dec, 2003 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

Microsoft

Dominate the world? What do you mean? Financially? Technology? If you are talking about if their operating system will dominate the world then I would have to say it already does. If I think it will continue to do so... I doubt, all 'good' (evil) must come to an end. I personally believe that operating systems will become more networking compatible in nature since mass communication will be key. Windows has always proven to be a not so good networking operating system ompared with linux and others. Proof of this can be seen in web designers choosing for their sites being hosted on unix servers rather than windows.

2nd Dec, 2003 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Microsoft Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I agree with JB that Microsoft already dominates the world. As far as Windows XP. I love it. I think it is probably the best operating system by Microsoft yet, with the possible exception of DOS.

It is really stable and runs better on low end PCs than Windows 2000. Loads really fast too.

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2003 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

Microsoft
A Friend

Microsoft

Well i too agree with you guys... Microsoft is an extremely successful company, with a disgustingly rich head... However, if Mr. Gates set his mind to it, he could probably leagally purchase the entire world technologies not just computer...

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2003 - 5:19am / Post ID: #

Microsoft
A Friend

Microsoft

Yeah microsoft owns...hats off to them for making the xbox....its a sweet system if I might say so myself. I like XP for the most part...i don't like how bubbly it is. They said it was supposed to secure? HAH! Whats with all these stupid error messages i keep getting. I prefer Linux over XP myself but not alot of things are compatable with it.

3rd Dec, 2003 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

Microsoft

I don't get a lot of error message with XP. I assume you are running the home version. I run the Pro version since I am on a domain at work. It doesn't have to be so "bubbly." It is all in how you choose to configure it.

I wonder if the errors you are getting are in older programs that were written before XP.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2003 - 10:22pm / Post ID: #

Microsoft
A Friend

Microsoft

We have more than one profile and when my mom would uninstal a program it would mess up the other profile. We had to reformat to fix it. It runs fine right now though. We are also runnin XP Pro.

10th Dec, 2003 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

Microsoft Computer Issues & Video Gaming

QUOTE (xtrasweetgirl @ 2-Dec 03, 2:09 AM)
Plain and simple; do you think that it is likely in a few years Microsoft will dominate the world? *shudders* i can already see it now.

Actually, you are very close here. I just learned about an organization that Microsoft has been involved in, the Trusted Computer Group that is NOT good news.

Take a look at these items:
https://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36006
https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

According to these two articles, the attempts by Microsoft and others to make our computers "secure" will also offer the big companies the opportunity to destroy the Open Source community, Linux, and free speach through technology.

By integrating "signatures" in all software, they can, and will (that is the purpose) make it impossible for trusted software to even read documents created by "untrusted" programs/computers. It will make it possible for governments to not only easily censor documents, but destroy all the documents created on the same computer as a suspicious document.

Take a look at these, then do some searches for similar information. It really does appear to be an attempt by Microsoft to control all information.

NightHawk

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Microsoft

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,