I Can't Post!

I Can' T Post - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 22nd Jan, 2004 - 12:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Were you banned? Not necessarily, but check here for details.
3rd Dec, 2003 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

I Can't Post!

Q. I just typed a message, but when I click the [Submit] button it just reloads the page without adding my message, why?
A. If you have more than two image tags or more than four smiles in your post you will get this message. This feature prevents users from posting excessive amounts of smiles and images in a post.

Q. I just joined and cannot look at the threads to read and reply, why?
A. You must post an introduction message before you are allowed to see the rest of the forum.

Sponsored Links:
18th Dec, 2003 - 7:12am / Post ID: #

Post Cant I

Q. I post messages, but they simply do not show up on the threads?
A. Your account might be set to pre-approval, this means that a moderator has to read your message and approve it before it is made public.

Q. Why do I need pre-approval?
A. Most likely you show a pattern of posts that are either too controversial and / or posting in the wrong place. It may be that you are bodering on the rules of this forum and need to be monitored closely.

Q. I am a member, but keep getting the first timer's page?
A. Try logging in smile.gif

9th Jan, 2004 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

I Can't Post! Feedback & FAQ News Community

UPDATE:

We recently added a script that can impose posting restrictons on certain groups.

Members and RPGers can...

Post 2 new threads in 24 hours

Reply to 30 threads in 24 hours

Q. What is the purpose of that?
A. Most users, especially new ones have a habit of starting a lot of new topics about the same subjects already on the board. This also prevents spammers from going overboard.

15th Jan, 2004 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

Post Cant I

Initiated Group

Q. What is the difference between a 'Member' and an 'Initiated Member'?
A. There is a new user group called, 'Initiated'. Basically when a user joins the forum they will be placed into a group called, 'Members' as before, but the group Members can only post 5 posts within a 24 period. When the 24 hours is over they can post again. When they reach 6 posts the forum will automatically promote them to the rank of 'Initiated' and they will then have more freedom to post.

The reason for this is new users join and start to place flippant messages indiscreetly all over the forum instead of reading and learning how to use the forum. This will curb that. Members in general will not be able to start many new topics since most of the time the topics they start already exist and they do not take the time to search.

Q. This is the first forum that I have seen where there are so many restrictions, why is that?
Yes, we are about quality here rather than quantity, we are not anxious for numerous posts without substance. We have learned from experience that members who jin and then start mass posting fall into one of three categories:

1. They are a spammer
2. They just do it to get in the RPG and then fade away
3. They will not be on the forum for long

Often, members that post a bit here and there, tend to stay longer and their posts are more insightful because they have taken the time to think about what they are posting rather than just random thoughts.

22nd Jan, 2004 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #

Post Cant I

Double Posters

Double posting can be quite irritating (when a users posts one message after the other when they could have used one message to say all that needed to be said). So to prevent this Members have to wait 18-24 hours BEFORE trying to post consecutively in the same Thread. Of course if someone replies to your Post then you can reply right away.

TIP: Say all that you want to say in ONE message, if you quote those that you are responding to then it can be done in one message.

Q. I forgot something in my message, what do I do?
A. If it is under half an hour then you can always edit your post and make the change.

Q. I forgot to add something and it is over half an hour, what do I do?
A. This is why you should take into consideration all that needs to be said when you post a message. You also have a half hour to review it and make changes. Beyond this you will have to wait 18-24 hours and then you can reply again. This prevents abuse / spamming.

> TOPIC: I Can't Post!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,