ICon Introduction - Page 4 of 14

User: You have been Tagged to this Topic: - Page 4 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 16th Jan, 2014 - 7:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (14) »
Post Date: 4th Sep, 2013 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 168
Flag Posts: 4,101
Avg: 0.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 22.0%
[+] Gain: 8,743.38 FP
Charm: 34

ICon Introduction - Page 4

To Canabusis, in my spare time I used to play video games often, spend time online watching videos and reading articles about anything, occasionally read webcomics, and help organize the Role-playing Game society on campus (Of which I am the secretary). Over the past month I've found that study, game-mastering and chores take all of my time. Previously I read many novels, Science Fiction classics and other genres, but I haven't read for about a year now.
The plan after studying is to enter the mining or manufacturing industry, and work my way to space applications.
When it comes to food, I'm willing to try many things. But if I had to choose my favorite, I'd say profiteroles, particularly custard filled ones.
As for topics of discussion, I don't know honestly. Whatever I am familiar with, but I still don't know myself to judge this. Sometimes I like to invent possible futures, but the more I learn, the harder that gets.

Play by post, thanks for the offer but if I already have to shirk my GM duties a little bit I think that reflects badly on how little time I currently have. Definitely later, a couple of months from now.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 13th Jan, 2011 - 10:44am
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Sep, 2013 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 80
Flag Posts: 887
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.8%
[+] Gain: 3,146.94 FP
Charm: 9

Introduction ICon

Thank you Icon for that bit of information on yourself. So do you ever feel overwhelmed with all the different things you have on your plate right now?

Do you have any inclination to get out into nature? (Fishing, hiking, camping, hunting) I wonder what it would be like to do all those things in Australia, (Or any foreign country) with all the different animals and climate. Why do you think that you are into the Role-playing Game 's? If you went to the nearest spot to fish, what would be the types of fish that you could catch?

I apologize for my many questions but I am very curious about that which I have little to no knowledge. Have you ever been out of the country? If you could go out of he country where would you choose to go?

I better stop interrogating you at this point, I hope you don't mind my many questions. You just happen to be my topic of interest at the moment. Thank you for opening up and answering to my curiosities. It is very exciting to me!

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 15th Jun, 2013 - 8:22pm
Signature:
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2013 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

Diamond Chief
[?] CPosts: 2,938
Flag Posts: 7,000
Avg: 1.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 32.7%
[+] Gain: 5,075.94 FP
Charm: 26

ICon Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

international QUOTE (Icon)
Play by post, thanks for the offer but if I already have to shirk my GM duties a little bit I think that reflects badly on how little time I currently have. Definitely later, a couple of months from now.

No problem dude, better you like be upfront now than join in and then have to bow out cause that just makes it worst. Good luck with the GM duties.

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Thirty Something | Joined: Reg. 18th Jan, 2009 - 9:07pm
Signature:
Post Date: 12th Sep, 2013 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 168
Flag Posts: 4,101
Avg: 0.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 22.0%
[+] Gain: 8,743.38 FP
Charm: 34

Page 4 Introduction ICon

Canabusis, I only feel overwhelmed when I leave my duties to too late. Regrettably, that happens way too often. I actually feel energised by having something to do. I don't work often, leaving me too much time to study, so I sleep or play games instead of work. I do so less often now, and this energy and motivation just seem to have appeared!

I've been thinking about hiking or bushwalking recently. Until two years ago I did go on camps with Australian Air Force Cadets (Like scouts for teenagers, but with more close ties to the air force). The bush can be dry and harsh, but the skills I learnt really helped. Had quite a few encounters with various spiders. Around Sydney they seem to be the biggest threat, less so snakes. I haven't tried to go on a fishing trip, so I couldn't say what fish we have.

As for why I play role-playing games, I can pinpoint it exactly. I started because I thought that is was a typical 'nerd' activity and doing so would make me look smart, if not be smarter. What I found after starting was amazing. Enjoyment is storytelling and world interaction where you aren't limited to certain lines of dialog nor to a specific set of solutions to a problem, unlike in video games. It feels unrestricted.

I traveled to Poland once to visit family, during winter. It was my first experience of proper snow and negative temperatures. I enjoyed it, but don't have such a strong attraction to go back. I also don't have much of a wanderlust, in the current state, travel is a bit expensive. If I were to travel, it wouldn't be overseas, but a trip around the many places in Australia I haven't visited.

I'm not very egotistic, so I'm not the kind of person that would just write about myself. But if you really find it interesting, I'm happy to respond to your questions!

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 13th Jan, 2011 - 10:44am
Signature:
Post Date: 12th Sep, 2013 - 7:36pm / Post ID: #

Member Senior

Introduction ICon

Thank you once again Icon. It has been very insightful for me. I'm glad that you have such a passion for role-playing games, I have very much enjoyed you as a GM and a character.

Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 15th Jun, 2013 - 8:22pm
Signature:
Post Date: 20th Sep, 2013 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

Member Senior

ICon Introduction

Icon I am attempting to start my own Role-playing Game Pathfinder based, I would like to know your opinion and interest level. Please see Canabusis's Rise of the RuneLords Pathfinder Thank you.

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 20th Sep, 2013 - 2:10am

Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Oct, 2013 - 1:02pm / Post ID: #

ICon Introduction - Page 4

Hi ICon, wouldn't you like your topics to standout more? If you give us your real life avatar then it can be added to your threads. No pressure though its only if you want the highlight.

Post Date: 16th Jan, 2014 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

ICon Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 4

User: You have been Tagged to this Topic: Australia Weather because it is related to your expertise.

Will you be willing to add your knowledge to it? Yes | No

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: ICon Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,