How Do We Know Christianity Is The Right Religion? - Page 2 of 4

sanctificatn said:QUOTE When your life all - Page 2 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 4th Mar, 2004 - 2:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
4th Jan, 2004 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

How Do We Know Christianity Is The Right Religion? - Page 2

If you find one that fits your lifestyle, values and morals, one that you can identify with then maybe thats the one you should believe in.

I don't agree with that for this simple reason... if God has a way for you to follow, but you find something else that fits your lifestyle, then is it right? You see the idea here is not what fits us, but what God wants to do. So the search should not be for us, but for God.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2004 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

How Do We Know Christianity Is The Right Religion?
A Friend

Religion The Christianity We How

I think this is a good point but then why are their so many different types of religions in the world. What about people of different faiths that don't have the opportunity to belive what christians believe? What happens to them?

9th Jan, 2004 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

How Do We Know Christianity Is The Right Religion? Revealed Bible The

I believe they will all eventually have an opportunity. I don't think our spiritual progression ends on this earth. So, if they really didn't have an opportunity to accept what God's plan for religion is, while they were in this life, I believe they will have an opportunity to accept it while in the Spirit world.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2004 - 7:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Religion The Christianity We How

[/QUOTE]
believe they will all eventually have an opportunity. I don't think our spiritual progression ends on this earth. So, if they really didn't have an opportunity to accept what God's plan for religion is, while they were in this life, I believe they will have an opportunity to accept it while in the Spirit world.

I have never heard it viewed like that before. Interesting, good way to look at it.
How does that work exactly according to your beliefs?

wink.gif

12th Jan, 2004 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

Religion The Christianity We How

Trig, the view expressed above that you tried to quote in your post is a fundamental doctrine of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. In fact, this is the primary reasons we do so much geneology research and one of the functions served in the Temples.

Offtopic but,
trig, when you click the offtopic or quote buttons above to start a quote or offtopic statement, you need to click them again when done to "close" the quote or off topic statment smile.gif

The way it works is this: If you honestly never had an opportunity to accept the Gospel in this life, then when you die you will have it presented to you and you can then accept it or reject it. We believe that when someone dies there are two places they go...paradise or spirit prison. The traditional thought of place called "heaven" is acheived after the resurrection which doesn't come until Christ's second coming. So where do we go until the resurrection? So, in our faith, we believe you go to Paradise if you have accepted the Gospel and Spirit Prison if you haven't. These are just names we have given these places so don't get too caught up in that. We don't have all the details since no one has been there and then come back (except the Savior). smile.gif

Those who go to Paradise will be sent on "missions" so to speak to teach those in Spirit Prison. We do not believe you can just "party and have fun here on earth" figuring you will just accept the message when presented to you after you die. We believe it will be much more difficult for someone who has had a chance to accept the gospel here and rejected it, to make the changes necessary after death to accept it, if it is possible at all. So, for the most part, this missionary work is for those people who never had a real opportunity to accept the Lord's teachings here in this life.

We also believe even those who have accepted the Gospel in this life, will continue to learn and grow, too, even after death in Paradise and then after the resurrection in "heaven" as well.

Basically, we believe the only thing we can take with us after we die is our knowledge which is also why we view education (all kinds, not just schooling) as so vitally important.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 12th Jan, 2004 - 3:36pm

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2004 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Different religions have always fascinated me. I never knew that their was a religion in western society that didn't condemn others for not having the same religious opportunities that we have. Good thing, I do not think that their is a place for ethnocentrism in religion or any other walks of life. But I do realize the worlds not perfect. Thanks for you insight!

smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2004 - 10:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

How We Christianity The Religion - Page 2

The thing that separates Christianity from every other religion in the whole world is one thing:

Every other religion speaks like the world does: you don't get something unless you've earned it. You wanna get on God's good side? Show me the money first!!

Christianity is the opposite, the non-intuitive: the gift of God. A message of foolishness to everyone who has not turned to Christ in the humility of their heart.

I propose that the way to know that the God of the Bible is the real God is by accepting that every single blessing God has ever promised anyone, is YOURS TODAY through your faith in the one true way, Jesus, alone. It doesn't take work, it doesn't take effort. Jesus said "my yoke is light." It's bold, but it's real!

When this revelation hits your conscience, your relationship with God will begin, and then you will experience the power of the resurrection of Jesus. When your life all of a sudden becomes better, you will know that it wasn't your effort which earned the blessing, but rather a miracle performed by a gracious God.

4th Mar, 2004 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #

How We Christianity The Religion The Bible Revealed - Page 2

sanctificatn said:

When your life all of a sudden becomes better, you will know that it wasn't your effort which earned the blessing, but rather a miracle performed by a gracious God.

This is a little confusing to me. I *do* understand and believe the concept of "saving grace" which entitles everyone to victory over death.

If there is no effort required, why did God give the world the 10 commandments?

Believing is not the same as acting on that belief.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 13:2)

Roz

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: How Do We Know Christianity Is The Right Religion?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,