Temple

Temple - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd May, 2014 - 9:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Mormon Words
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2011 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

Temple

Temple

This Thread will be used to examine the Mormon interpretation for the word(s) / name(s) called "Temple" from the scriptures. What does Temple mean in the literal sense and in scripture as Mormons know it?

Mormon definition of Temple.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Apr, 2014 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #

Temple

"The temple is a place to know the Father and the Son. It is a place where we experience the divine presence. The Prophet Joseph Smith made this plea: 'I advise all to. .. Search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness' (History of the Church, 6:363). And where shall we search? In the house of God."

(Richard H. Winkel, "The Temple Is About Families," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 11)

30th Apr, 2014 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

Temple Studies Doctrine Mormon

Interesting that the Prophet speaks about deep doctrines found in the Temple and to keep searching, doesn't go against the myth that we should stick to the basics?

1st May, 2014 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Temple

No it doesn't. But one thing I've learned is that when we stick to the basics more, that Deeper Doctrine will be revealed has our ability to understand the basics grows.

1st May, 2014 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Temple

You have to learn the basics and as you go you can learn more and more. Line upon line Precept upon precept.

Post Date: 2nd May, 2014 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

Temple

Name: Artvalenz

Comments: What biblical scripture supports this ? On the contrary, I believe the bible teaches that mankind can have a personal relationship with God, everywhere - anywhere, made possible through the sacrificial and redemptive work of Jesus. Matthew 27:51; Mark 15:38-41; Luke 23:45 all mention the tearing of the veil of the temple being torn in two (From top to bottom). That moment in history changed everything! We also read in Hebrews (Chapters 2,4 & 5) that we have a High Priest in Jesus, so we can approach the throne of God without the need of priests (We are a royal priesthood, 1st Peter 2:9) or a temple.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd May, 2014 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

Temple

international QUOTE (Sariah_Gift)

Interesting that the Prophet speaks about deep doctrines found in the Temple and to keep searching, doesn't go against the myth that we should stick to the basics?

Actually, the Prophet wasn't talking about the temple ceremony. That was only added by Mr. Winkel. And yes, it does "go against the myth that we should stick to the basics. " We should stick to the basics in teaching investigators, the Prophet did encourage us to search deeper and deeper into the mysteries as far as our personal progress goes.

2nd May, 2014 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

Temple Mormon Doctrine Studies

international QUOTE
the Prophet did encourage us to search deeper and deeper into the mysteries as far as our personal progress goes.

Thats not the impression I have at all. Over the years I heard so many talks from gospel hobbies as to be careful what we read, etc to everything in between.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Temple

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,