Am I A Freak Of Nature?

Am Freak Nature - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 28th Feb, 2006 - 4:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th Feb, 2006 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

Am I A Freak Of Nature?

A little bit about my lifestyle first, may give you different opinions on this.

I'm 29 years old, and for the last 20 years I have not touched a piece of fruit or Vegetable in any of my meals, I'm not sure why this is, they just don't appeal to me.
I have lived on 'Junk' food (not all Mcdonalds etc etc, but convenience foods in general)

I Have an interest in cooking and 5 out of the 7 evening meals for myself and family are cooked by me, and they do include fruit and vegetables, I just don't put them on my plate.

I'm not really the most active person, I used to play soccer weekly, but not for the last 5 years. And have never visited a gym, get bored instantly if I do.

I smoke, give or take a few, around 10-15 marlboro Lights a day.
Drink max 5 pints a week.

Yet I'm 10st 14lbs and stand 5'9, have a natural shadow of a six pack, defined pecs, nice muscle structure overall. (really biggin' myself up)

I can still play 90 minutes of soccer without a heart attack (or a smoke at half time)

At my annual checkup my colesteral and blood pressure are average for my height/weight etc

I'm very rarely ill.

My doctor cant explain this to me, as he has no idea,
My optician still knows I smoke because my eyes are about the only thing that are suffering from my life style, but they are still pretty much 20/20

I'm certainly not complaining, but anyone any ideas?

Sponsored Links:
28th Feb, 2006 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

Nature Freak I Am

I would normally say "Count Your Blessings", but based on the Atheist Thread I will have to say that you are genetically superior to the average person, however there are several things I can say:

1. If you eat potatoes then that is a vegetable
2. If you drink orange / apple juice then that is how you are getting your fruit, tomatoes are also fruits
3. Just think how much better you would be if you gave up smoking, maybe even play for England
4. It is not a good example for the kids to not see good eating habits as they may not be as fortunate as you
5. Lastly, the body is a superior healing agent, but at one point and time it will degrade, and so will your health if you do not look out for yourself now.

Offtopic but,
That is a lot of smokes. Just think, if you gave them up it would be easy to Upgrade wink.gif Also, what about second hand smoke with the kids?

28th Feb, 2006 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #

Am I A Freak Of Nature? Health & Special Psychology

I would normally say "Count Your Blessings",

Hahaha, I like that one smile.gif

you are genetically superior to the average person

Has a nice ring to it I think

If you eat potatoes then that is a vegetable

I do but usually as Chips (U.S. Fries) or Crisps (U.S. Chips)

If you drink orange / apple juice then that is how you are getting your fruit, tomatoes are also fruits

These are my main source of liquid, as an alternative, almost forced upon me by my partner, because I dont eat any.

Just think how much better you would be if you gave up smoking, maybe even play for England

I never said I was Good at Soccer, I can just run around after a ball for 90 minutes

It is not a good example for the kids to not see good eating habits as they may not be as fortunate as you

That was a concern at first but both enjoy their veg, even thought my 11 month old's is liquidated, and 11 year old has jumped on the bandwagon telling me to eat more greens (I always remembered it the other way around when I was younger)

Lastly, the body is a superior healing agent, but at one point and time it will degrade, and so will your health if you do not look out for yourself now.

I know I should, just I enjoy my vices, and I'm sure if it was effecting my health the doctor would have found something, and then I can make the decision to pack in smoking or run a little or Eat greens etc etc.

Offtopic but,
That is a lot of smokes. Just think, if you gave them up it would be easy to Upgrade  Also, what about second hand smoke with the kids?

I can see that you are forever the salesman

I dont smoke in the Car or House, I'm resigned to the Garden, and suprisingly I seem to cut down over winter.

28th Feb, 2006 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

Nature Freak I Am

I don't understand why you would want to wait for your doctor to find something - it is like playing with disease. You can stop now if you want to, there are many alternatives - you should visit the Substance Abuse Board.

Offtopic but,
Salesman? Who me? I have no idea what you are talking about.

28th Feb, 2006 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

Nature Freak I Am

Karniest, I do not want to sound pessimistic but I met a couple of people just like you. The doctors never found anything in them and both of them (male) dropped dead one day for no reason. One as a result of a heart attack (even though his heart was in perfect shape) and the other one just did not get up that morning. So even though you may have been "lucky" so far, it does not mean that everything is fine. So please, take care of yourself...specially for your kids's sake. They will need you.

> TOPIC: Am I A Freak Of Nature?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,