Do You Invest In The Stock Market? - Page 3 of 4

Billionaires Dumping Stocks, Economist Knows - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Jan, 2014 - 5:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2006 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

Do You Invest In The Stock Market?
A Friend

Do You Invest In The Stock Market? - Page 3

Very good, apparently you looked at MACD and Stochastics biggrin.gif .

Anyway, if you look at historical charts, you will see that when the market get's overinflated, real investors, pocket and run, thereby crashing the market.

However, most Bob Joes think that the skyrocketing market is wonderful, and lose their money due to their greed.

I am a traditional technician, compare x and y, when was the last time this happened, and what was the aftermath?

Sponsored Links:
4th Oct, 2006 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

Market Stock The Invest Do

Dow Average Sets Record as U.S. Stocks Rally on Oil's Decline

By Hilary Johnson

Oct. 3 (Bloomberg) -- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose to a record, eclipsing its 2000 high, as a two-month descent in oil prices accelerated and improved the outlook for consumer spending.

That's it? A couple of months' easing in the price of oil and the market rockets to new highs? I don't see how two months' worth of lower oil prices can cause that.

Alan Greenspan, the former (not) Federal Reserve Bank chief, called this sort of thing "irrational exuberance." Just before the fall in 2000.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

20th Oct, 2006 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

Do You Invest In The Stock Market? History & Civil Business Politics

This article was written by a successful financial-type, and it's a very interesting read. How much of what he discusses basically says "go with your instincts." How many people do you know who have this type of an instinct?

THE TEN TRADING COMMANDMENTS
10/18/2006 11:15:00 AM
By Todd Harrison
11:15 AM ET Oct 18, 2006

"Fight? No, not yet. Not until me and Harvey get the rules straightened out." -- Butch Cassidy

Editor's note: Todd Harrison is the founder and CEO of MinyanvilleNEW
YORK
(MarketWatch) -- I remember why I wanted to be a trader. I figured that
the easiest way to make money was to stand near the cash register.

Of course, as I discovered through my 16-year career, there's a reason why consistent producers get paid the big bucks. Flashy bets and big swings sometimes connect but, in the end, a disciplined approach pays the bills... ...My approach wasn't always constant but, in the end, certain rules allowed me to stay in the game.

These are those rules.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2006 - 4:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Market Stock The Invest Do

I suggest buying gold, silver, and other precious metals.

the reserve dollar is failing, the $600 TRillion derivitives markets are an extreme threat to the underlying capital markets, the real estate market is ice cold.

3rd Oct, 2008 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Market Stock The Invest Do

Times like these make me really happy that I don't invest in stocks much for financial gain. There is plausible risk, if I can call it that and then there is fool hearty risk and the stock market is a lot like that.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

3rd Oct, 2008 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

The stock market is a fine place to invest. The biggest problem is that people want immediate 10-20% or more returns and that is just unrealistic thinking. If you get into the market, have a long term plan that can weather these types of conditions and generate some profit for you that is better than keeping it in a bank for that time.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2008 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do Invest The Stock Market - Page 3

Ny 401 k plan and my wifes 401k plan are heavy in the stock market. Needless to say it is not looking good right now but I am keeping it in there for the long haul not the short run. I can buy some more stuff now while it is cheaper. That way I will be worth more when things go back up.

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2014 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Do Invest The Stock Market Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Billionaires Dumping Stocks, Economist Knows Why:

Warren Buffett, who has been a cheerleader for U.S. Stocks for quite some time, is dumping shares at an alarming rate. He recently complained of "Disappointing performance" In dyed-in-the-wool American companies like Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, and Kraft Foods. Ref. Source 1

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Do You Invest In The Stock Market?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,