Sunja Knapp

Sunja Knapp - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 3rd Jun, 2014 - 3:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

3rd Jun, 2014 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

Sunja Knapp

Sunja Knapp

I had the pleasure to interview some time ago a very talented and beautiful gymnast, Sunja Knapp. She started taking gymnastic lessons at the age of 5 and quickly emerged as one of the most promising US junior gymnasts. Sadly, her career did not last long due to several injuries, one particularly on her knee. She stopped competing profesionally in 1988. Later on, she enrolled at Temple University and in her senior year was the manager of their men's gymnastics team. She's now a sucessful Animator Producer and resides in Los Angeles (Spanish version coming soon)

Pandora: Tell me Sunja at what age you started being interested in gymnastics?
Sunja Knapp: I became interested in gymnastics when I was about 4 years old. I saw Nadia Comanechi on the Television and there was no stopping me. I started classes when I was 5.
Pandora: Wow, that's a young age. Did your parents support you all the way?
Sunja Knapp: Yes. Always. They were supportive throughout my short career. Whether I came in first place or last place they would always tell me I did a good job or that I tried my best.
Pandora: Your face is very familiar to me...tell me at what age did you stop doing gymnastics in a professional set? And why?
Sunja knapp: I stopped competing when I was 15 years old, in 1988. But I was involved with gymnastics up until 1996, whether it be coaching, participating as a competition staff member or managing a team. I worked at Woodward Camp for three summers in college teaching beginners and dance classes. I also managed the Temple Men's gymnastics team in 1995-1996.
Pandora: Good, how did you handle the injuries that stop somehow your career?
Sunja Knapp: I really loved being in a gym everyday and after spending over ten years straight in a gym, I didn't know how to deal with walking away.
Pandora: Okay, now we know you're in the animation production business, how did you get interested in this field?
Sunja Knapp: I moved to Los Angeles to learn production and ended up falling into the animation world. I want to be around live action film sets, but animation payed the bills for about 5 years.
Pandora: We also know you're a very good friend of Michael Rosenbaum, where did you meet him? And what's your opinion of him as a friend?
Sunja Knapp: I met Michael Rosenbaum at a Bruckheimer hockey league game about 6 years ago. He is the most thoughtful and entertaining friends that anyone could ask for.
Pandora: He's an awesome performer also
Sunja Knapp: Indeed. Very multi-talented. A performer, a writer, an actor, etc.
Pandora: You're right. Now, tell me what are the advantages of being in the animation production business? What do you do exactly?
Sunja Knapp: Animation is a fun business. You meet all kinds of interesting and creative people. Especially the artists who do all the drawing and design work. Also, you learn about the process of writing and budgeting, production schedules etc. I was a production coordinator and manager for the last several years.
Pandora: We know you're single...do you see yourself married with lots of kids running around your home?
Sunja Knapp: Maybe not a LOT of kids! But I hope to settle down and experience motherhood someday in the next several years.
Pandora: At least we know they will look cute
Sunja Knapp:(Laugh)ha. Thanks.
Pandora: What's your most elusive goal in life?
Sunja Knapp: My goal would be to write a screenplay and produce an independent film someday. Be happy, healthy and in love, surrounded by family and friends.. I enjoy.
Pandora: What do you enjoy doing while you're not working?.
Sunja Knapp: Watching movies, hiking, hanging out with friends.
Pandora: Is difficult to find good friends in the entertainment business?
Sunja Knapp: Oh absoluteley. Basically hard to find good friends in Los Angeles, but once you do, it's a wonderful thing.
Pandora: Have you ever heard about Trinidad and Tobago before or my home country Argentina? You have several fans in Argentina.
Sunja Knapp: Not much. But I love learning about other cultures and countries. I do? I didn't know that I had fans anywhere.
Pandora: Yes you do, people around our age of course.
Pandora: One last question since I know you're a very busy lady
Sunja Knapp: Okay
Pandora: What do you want the world to know about Sunja Knapp?
Sunja Knapp: That I enjoy nature and the outdoors, and that I appreciate honest people with good intentions!.
Pandora: Great thank you very much!
Sunja Knapp: Thank you and it was nice chatting with you!

Sponsored Links:

> TOPIC: Sunja Knapp

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,