Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »
Closed
29th Jan, 2011 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Oliron Versus ?

I am creating this thread as a way to blow off some steam so to speak. It is a pretty simple idea, Oliron (my ADnD character) will fight mock battles here to test his skill in battle. Anyone is welcome to bring some sort of fight against him, as long as it is around his level and there is a decent chance of him winning. Meaning I could see fighting a red hatchling dragon but not a stone giant.

If you have an idea for a mock battle and want to put Oliron to the test please post the challenge here.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 29th Jan, 2011 - 8:31pm

Sponsored Links:
29th Jan, 2011 - 9:26pm / Post ID: #

Oliron

I challenge you!

Want to be a little more detailed at what can be thrown at you? For example, if I were to sic my level 3 minotaur on you.

Also, what about gold? For equipment sake, I would like to know a money cap.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please keep your messages free from extra characters / slang / shorthand that are not alpha / numeric (numeric should be for stats) while using good grammar. You will notice most Posts here are written without the use of 'chopped words', excessive smilies, slang, dialect(s) or Teeny Bopper scribbles. As an example "2" should not be substituted for "to" or "u" for "you" or "+" for "plus" in sentences. See Constructive Posting Policy.

29th Jan, 2011 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

Oliron Versus ? Archive Pathfinder / D&D

First off I'm concerned with your grammar. Not to be rude or anything but if you keep typing broken sentences and not using correct punctuations your probably going to be deleted.

That said there is no gold or anything involved. I could see fighting a level 3 minotaur I suppose but like I said it should be a fair fight. Already the minotaur has an obvious damage and hp advantage. Now if it also has a +5 axe and +4 plate mail or something like that, then no I think that would be to much.

For the sake of having a little fun though I would be interested in fighting him. I guess we just roll initiative and whoever is highest goes first? I am kind of trusting here that you are not going to change your ac and hp mid battle. smile.gif

Oliron initiative roll = 13

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 29th Jan, 2011 - 9:39pm

29th Jan, 2011 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

Oliron

I decided to give you something a little easier for the first go.

Introducing, my level 3 human fighter I made in the last 5 minutes.

HP: 27
AC: 17 (19)

the rest I'll reveal on demand if you so wish.

I roll for initiative...and I got 13+3=16

I go first.

As my guy has no weapons, he goes into a defensive stance, eyeing your character carefully. He then flies straight at you, in an attempt to throw you to the ground.

I have improved grapple, so no AOO for you. I roll my grapple roll, and get 17+11=28
You need to roll higher than 28 to escape it.

EDIT: You don't get AOO. Accidentally left out the no.

Reconcile Edited: Saberwolf on 29th Jan, 2011 - 9:54pm

29th Jan, 2011 - 10:13pm / Post ID: #

Oliron

Oliron is caught off guard by the bold attack.

Opposed roll = 10

I am wondering how you got the +11? Grapple is 1d20 + your strength modifier. Even with the +4 for improved grapple you would have to have a strength of 20 to get +11.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 29th Jan, 2011 - 10:16pm

29th Jan, 2011 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

Oliron Versus ?

Grapple is BAB (3) plus str bonus (4) plus improved grapple bonus (4) for a grand total of 11.

Having successfully grappled the opponent, Bane (that's my guy's name), attempts to pin the guy in place.

Pin check: Rolled a 14 + 11 = 25 -4 =21

EDIT: Forgot to include the -4 to attack for fighting defensively.

Reconcile Edited: Saberwolf on 29th Jan, 2011 - 10:24pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Jan, 2011 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

Oliron

Ok I see, that is a pretty neat trick.

Opposed pin roll = 19

Oliron quickly understand he is outmatched in grappling with this opponent, as he is brought down hard. He ponders his new position while trying not to eat any dirt.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 29th Jan, 2011 - 10:31pm

29th Jan, 2011 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #

Oliron D&D / Pathfinder Archive

Bane gives him one swift punch to the head, and then gets up and backs up, letting his opponent get a chance to fight. It would be too easy a victory to beat him while he was down.

roll for attack: natural 20
roll 1d6 for fists (improved unarmed strike) = 4 + str bonus (4) = 8
roll 1d6 for defensive fighting feat = 6
roll 1d6 for iron fists feat = 2

You take 16 damage.

So you now know my feats: improved grapple, improved unarmed strike, fighting defensively, and iron fist

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Oliron Versus ?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.