Antigua & Barbuda Genealogy

Antigua Barbuda Genealogy - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 4th Feb, 2011 - 11:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Antigua Genealogy Antiguan Genealogical Research
Post Date: 4th Feb, 2011 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

Do you have any ancestors from Antigua & Barbuda or have you done any Genealogical Research in Antigua & Barbuda? If so, please tell us the available facilities in Antigua & Barbuda to access Antigua & Barbuda Birth & Death certificates, marriage records, etc.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Feb, 2011 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Genealogy Barbuda and Antigua

Name: Doppenheimer

Comments: Looking for a Richard Button who moved to Antigua in 1775.. To get away from Revolutionary War in Baltimore.

4th Feb, 2011 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Antigua & Barbuda Genealogy Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

This was the revolutionary war in Baltimore, Maryland USA? I guess he was in support of the British being that Antigua would have been occupied by the British at the time?

Post Date: 4th Feb, 2011 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Name: Doppenheimer

Comments: Yes, it the Revolutionary War USA and good call. I figured he was pro-British. Can't seem to track him down here in states. He was a merchant?

4th Feb, 2011 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

What have you done to research the records there? Do you have any contacts in Antigua?

Post Date: 4th Feb, 2011 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Name: Damon

Comments: My paternal great-grandparents lived on Antigua. My great grandmother's name was Justina Henry. My paternal great-grandfather was named Samuel Pratt. Their son Christopher Godfrey Pratt and their daughter, Bernice Pratt, emigrated to the United States, eventually settling in the Bronx where they both died in the late 80's and early 90's. Based on my age, I would estimate that Samuel Pratt and Justina Henry would be 115-125 years old if they were alive today as a frame of reference to the dates they resided in Antigua. They are black people.

Source 1: Oral History
Source 2: Christopher Pratt's death certificate

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Feb, 2011 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Name: Thomas

Comments: I'm looking for a Genealogist in Antigua to help research my family name - Proudfoot. Can anyone help?

Post Date: 4th Feb, 2011 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

Antigua & Barbuda Genealogy Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Name: Jello

Comments: William Mortimer CHAPMAN and family lived in St. John's abt 1848-1860, before emigrating to Canada. He was in the mercantile business (undertaking?) while in Antigua. Wife, Maria MORTON, and children William Eugene, Jesse C. , Joshua Mortimer, Lizetta, and Maria Octavia.

Any information about this family would be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Antigua & Barbuda Genealogy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,