Jamaica Genealogy

Jamaica Genealogy - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Jamaica family history Jamaica Roots
Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Jamaica Genealogy

Jamaica Genealogy

Do you have any ancestors from Jamaica or have you done any Genealogical Research in Jamaica? If so, please tell us the available facilities in Jamaica to access Jamaica Birth & Death certificates, marriage records, etc.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

Genealogy Jamaica

Name: Transplant

Comments: Looking for information about my mother. Patricia Dolsie Garcia. She was adopted by the Garcia family around 1950. I have no birth certificate, adoption papers and have attempted to contact the Jamaican Registrars office twice. . . No reply. I know that she has at least one real sister. She was adopted in Kingston Jamaica. I've also tried contacting the Mormons. Supposedly they keep copies of island records as well. . . No reply from them either.

5th Feb, 2011 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

Jamaica Genealogy Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Have you tried the IGI? That let's you know what info the Mormon genealogical archives has for that name.

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

Genealogy Jamaica

Name: Nonpareilreid

Comments: Looking for info on Frome Recas from Westmoreland Jamaica. Ada Frome married Albert Reid (great grandparents) Ada Frome's parents were Dennis Frome and Rebecca Recas,they had 18 girls and one son . Ada,Matilda,Sally,Agatha,Esther and HuhHuh. They were all from Mount Erie,Bell,Frome,Innes Ennis, Reid,Young, Walker, Fenton, Donaldson, Woolcox, Gifford and many more names are all linked. Trying to fill in the gaps with some of the names.

Ada Frome Married Albert Reid,Mattie Frome had kids with Charlie Reid,Darrell and Luther . Esther Married Joseph Bell,Mattie married another Bell brother.

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Genealogy Jamaica

Comments: Many of our forefathers were slave owners,many viewed the Caribbean as an area to make a quick buck others loved the sunshine. Many started new famlies with slaves in addition to the ones they left behind wherever they came from or their offspring married blacks after slavery. This was never discussed in my family until I started finding documents and asking a lot of questions. We're all one mixed up bunch.

5th Feb, 2011 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Jamaica Genealogy

Thanks for the explanation. I believe at least all fourth generation West Indians have some kind of mixed blood within them. What got you interested in genealogy, just curious?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Jamaica Genealogy

Comments: Well I always knew I came from royalty so I'm out to prove it,laugh.gif. My mother was the type that could spot her family that she never met in her life a mile away,she was all about her family so I wanted to continue what she started. She passed in June of 06,she died young,we've had many that have lived past a 100,Aunt Henny died at 106 (Henrietta Reid).

5th Feb, 2011 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Jamaica Genealogy Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Sorry about your mother's early passing, I'm sure you wished that you could dig more information out of her before she passed. Since you are in the Jamaica section, please do feel free to start any new Threads relevant to Jamaican genealogical research such as the process for acquiring certificates of birth, etc. This may be helpful for those interested. Thanks.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Jamaica Genealogy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,