Barbados Genealogy

Barbados Genealogy - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Barbados Roots Barbados Genealogical Research
Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:45am / Post ID: #

Barbados Genealogy

Barbados Genealogy

Do you have any ancestors from Barbados or have you done any Genealogical Research in Barbados? If so, please tell us the available facilities in Barbados to access Barbados Birth & Death certificates, marriage records, etc.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

Genealogy Barbados

Name: Doppenheimer

Comments: Looking for a Richard and Margaret Button who got married in Barbados in 1765?

5th Feb, 2011 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

Barbados Genealogy Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I think Barbados participated in the indexing by the LDS, so you may be fortunate to find info there. Have you tried the IGI?

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

Genealogy Barbados

Name: Macmailau

Comments: The Barbados Archives at Black Rock. The building where the records are kept and where one may search the Indxes are large and airy and the staff helpful.
Every island seems to have a different system of paperwork for ordering index books to search - they never seem to be simple.

If a record is found and a certificate needed, then the reference needs to be noted and the certificate ordered in Bridgetown at the registry. This is a real nuisance as Bridgetown is busy and parking difficult to find. Taxis are expensive. There is always the bus and a good hike, if you know where to go.

At the archives there are index books for most of the churches, there are some records on microfisch, Wills can be searched as well.

For example, I was shown the folder containing (supposedly) the last will of a great uncle. All that was left was a fragment with the signatures. The upper part was missing, possibly misfiled. But I had a reference number. A trip to the registry in Bridgetown and for BDS$10, I was able to view the transcript and copy the text into my notebook. They were polite and helpful.

I was also able to view the death entry for him at the archives. Noted the details. This information, given to one of his daughters who lives in the US, was of great comfort. She thought that he had died of alcohol, but he really died of TB. Much more palatable than a drunk! Either way, he was only 41. This was in the 1920s when the awful disease was untreatable.

I have been able to trace family back to births in the 1860s.
I hope this gives encouragement. between, the Barbados Archives holds a list of researchers you can contact.

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

Genealogy Barbados

Name: Dawn

Comments: Looking for Jennette descendants or any other that can trace their family line from Barbados to North Carolina, USA.

> TOPIC: Barbados Genealogy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,