Santa In Trinidad?

Santa Trinidad - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 18th Dec, 2003 - 8:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

?
Poll: How do you like Christmas in Trinidad?
  I love it!       0.00%
  I only like being with family       100.00%
  It's like anywhere else       0.00%
  I do not enjoy it really       0.00%
  Can't Stand it       0.00%
Total Votes: 2
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
18th Dec, 2003 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

Santa In Trinidad?

Sometimes I wonder about the Trini Santa that looks awfully a lot like a North American. Is it that we cannot have our own traditions and icons? Or do we have to adopt those that are sold to us? About the only thing different between our Christmas and North America's is pastels and parang. What are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
18th Dec, 2003 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Santa

laugh.gif Christmas in Trinidad have become very americanised in my opinion. You go to the mall and you see all these 'white' snow Christmas tree and you cannot stop laughing because where there is snow in Trinidad?
Then you see blonde with blue eyes little angel decorations all around....wink.gif come on! why we cannot come up with something more local that people can feel represented to.

I do not envy the job of the Santa Claus in Trinidad wearing that thick and hot costume!!!! laugh.gif

> TOPIC: Santa In Trinidad?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,