US Constitution, Pattern For Other World Governments?

Us Constitution Pattern World Governments - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st May, 2004 - 9:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
US Citizens always base everything on their constitution, should it be used for other countries too? Or are ther flaws?
20th Dec, 2003 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

Has the US Constitution been used as a model for other world democracies and should it be used in the future as a model?

This is not about US Politics today or how the US does or does not conduct itself throughout the World. Rather, what do you think of the US Constitution in it's purest form as a model for other democracies? Is it a good "Role" model or not and why or why not.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Sponsored Links:
26th Dec, 2003 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

Governments World Other Pattern Constitution US

, what do you think of the US Constitution in it's purest form as a model for other democracies? Is it a good "role" model or not and why or why not.

I cannot give my opinion about this thread because I do not have a very good knowledge of the US constitution, although I know is a very old one that needs some changed to adapt the modern times, I think maybe would be appropiate that somebody can post a link where we can read some of the US constitution online and then form an opinion. Thanks. smile.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

27th Dec, 2003 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

US Constitution, Pattern For Other World Governments? History & Civil Business Politics

I think maybe would be appropiate that somebody can post a link where we can read some of the US constitution online and then form an opinion

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

1st Jan, 2004 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

what do you think of the US Constitution in it's purest form as a model for other democracies?
In it's purest form? That's difficult to gauge, since there have been so many changes! In it's original state, it is probably a good form to follow, but I think a better guideline might be the Bill of Rights.

Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2004 - 7:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think our constitution worked for us,but I could not say the same for any one else that was trying to establish a 'constitution'.
When it was written we lived in a different world. I could go on about this but......I wont. I will just say that America in the 1700's- the 1890's would have been so fantastic to live in(harsh,but fantastic none the less).True freedom in all its glory.

28th Apr, 2004 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

A Constitution should be based upon natural law and so, as that does not change, I would question the validity of the argument that relevance is somehow determined by time. Whether the Information Age or "Horse and Biggy days", the nature of man, and the nature of the principles of government have not changed one whit.

I believe the Constitution is an amazing document and that the world would be served greatly if its countries were to decide to base their governments upon the principles contained in the US Constitution.

I should also point out that the Framers rejected "democracies" and espoused the governmental form called a republic; though the democratic principle was part of it, it could not overule the rule of law (i.e. the natural law).

Sadly both America and other English-speaking countries based on the Anglo-Saxon freemen society, have largely rejected these beautiful principles and fallen for the false promises of the tyrannies of old.

Dubhdara.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st May, 2004 - 5:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

US Constitution Pattern Other World Governments

I agree that the US Constitution is its original form has a lot of merit as a 'blueprint' for other nations to build upon. But since then, with so many Amendments etc, what is the US Constitution today is not one that is based on 'natural laws' but has evolved to cater to groups with vested interests in particular so-called rights. These are more cultural or philosophical in nature, and as such, would not necessarily be a good guide for other governments to follow.

I see a lot of the Amendments taking on a stronger role in the American society than the original pure Constitution. And if we take the US Constitution as a whole, with all its Amendments and Bills, then I don't think its a good blueprint to use. Even the US states and territories do not embrace in whole a common Constitution but a localized version. Likewise, I think the US Constitution in its original form is a strong foundation for governments to follow but must be adjusted to respect local cultures, traditions and flavors.

1st May, 2004 - 9:34am / Post ID: #

US Constitution Pattern Other World Governments Politics Business Civil & History

Myfireduck,

Although there are certainly bad Amendments (most of them made in the last 100 years), I think that the two main reasons why the Constitution is perceived as worse than it is today are: (1) Government ignores parts it doesn't like, and (2) Judges interpret it wrongly.

I think it a good idea that states (or local governmental areas) retain their own sovereignty and thus have their own constitutions. This divides power down and keeps a check on the central government.

As I have studied the Constitution, the writings of the Framers, and many of the writing and freedom documents of Great Britain, I cannot help but feel the hand of God in those words and concepts. What a pity that today, both in England and America, people have largely forgotten their heritage and are turning away from these things...

Genuine culture and heritage can, in my opinion, only be a good thing as it gives identity to a people and I am all for that, and not for the false unity the world seeks to impose. A just government is always based on the sovereignty and individuality of the individual.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: US Constitution, Pattern For Other World Governments?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,