Does Buddhism Teach Wife Beating?

Does Buddhism Teach Wife Beating - Studies of Far East Religions - Posted: 21st Apr, 2011 - 1:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2011 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The survey by Bhutan's National Statistics Bureau found that roughly 70% of women say they deserved beating if they neglect children, argue with their partners, refuse sex or burn dinner, reported the Business Bhutan newspaper. Buddhism is the religion of Bhutan [..] but its peaceful message is contradicted in a new study that shows most Bhutanese women think their husbands have the right to beat them. Ref. USAToday

Sponsored Links:
14th Feb, 2011 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

Beating Wife Teach Buddhism Does

I have been learning Buddhism for the past few years and I have never heard anything about wife beating. Even if it did teach such things I would omit it from my learning. Despite being part of a religion it is only guide lines for me, sometimes I will step a little off track and cooperate other sections of my native spiritual beliefs, and some other things I agree with from various ancient cultures.

21st Apr, 2011 - 1:20am / Post ID: #

Does Buddhism Teach Wife Beating? Religions East of Studies

I have never heard of Buddhism teaching anything remotely attached to wife beating or abuse or anything like that. I will be really surprised if they did. It might be some sect or small group does this but not Buddhism as a whole.

> TOPIC: Does Buddhism Teach Wife Beating?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,