The Worst Of Online Mormons

The Worst Online Mormons - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 25th Nov, 2012 - 5:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Or those who call themselves Mormons.
10th Feb, 2007 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

Some of you cannot see the Moderator's Board, but yes there is one, and in there we have a Thread that covers why Members delete their account. We also have Threads dealing with Members who give a lot of trouble for one reason or the next. The reason it is there is so that we can ascertain if there is a pattern, security and to improve the Community. However, I have made an important though saddening discovery today.

In reflecting back over the years of running this Community it has just occurred to me that Members who gave the most trouble were those who joined and said they were LDS. Amazing eh? I am beginning to wonder if they were / are really LDS or if they are merely not in fellowship and have some kind of grudge? Or is it that we have a lot Members of the Church who carry ill feelings with them? I have found generally that online LDS tend to be:

1. Not able to follow or take any kind of instruction.
2. Would rather use rudeness as a first resort rather than just remove themselves or diplomacy
3. Tend to be predatory. In other words those that often cause the most trouble will rejoin and rejoin and rejoin no matter how much their account is deleted
4. They will often take on multiple personalities
5. Discuss things that are contrary to the most basic Doctrines of the Church and expect you to agree with it.

Does anyone else see this pattern or is it just me?

Sponsored Links:
10th Feb, 2007 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Mormons Online Worst The

Oh yes, I remember this woman just a week ago, she posted in the thread about FAT and the Word of Wisdom and she gave this big explanation on how we are judgmental, that this site is not for her and that she will go to another site to post. Fine. I deleted her message. Fifteen minutes later, she rejoined with another name (Some people silly eh? they do not know we know their IP addresses!) She joined and she realized she could not post, she sent this e-mail asking for help because the Community is great!

I mean, LIARS! Lying through their teeth yet telling you that you are judgmental. Go figure. I remember another guy who we delete for being unconstructive he rejoined with another name and we caught him, then he pretended to be his wife and joined again and then his sister! laugh.gif

Mental people JB, they are mental.

10th Feb, 2007 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

The Worst Of Online Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

Is there anything synonymous with being a Mormon and also being Mental? No really, if you have read the "Commune with the Saints" Thread you will know what I am talking about. I believe that many Members perform an act on Sundays, but the way they really are - their true colors as it were - comes out online. Sadly, some of them are not very smart and give away their identity. They even use their real names in their Email. rolleyes.gif

10th Feb, 2007 - 4:33am / Post ID: #

Mormons Online Worst The

Just a hunch, but I'll bet many of these liars are also lying about being Mormon. I mean, there are a lot of anti-mormons who love to debate the doctrine and undermine the Church, and this forum probably seems like an ideal place to do it. Of course they would go about it in a sneaky way, pretending to be LDS. I love that they don't get away with it for very long, that's one of the great things about the forum.

10th Feb, 2007 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Online Worst The

You are very right Valla, JB will probably post on the latest "case". It's amazing to me that after being deleted they continue their grudge on e-mail! Quoting Scriptures and preaching, and telling you how wrong you are YET they lied about joining over and over with other usernames. I just don't get it. rolleyes.gif

15th Feb, 2007 - 4:42am / Post ID: #

I would tend to agree that most of these troublemakers are anti-Mormons, and not truly LDS members. However, I also believe that a few may be members but have mental problems (I can think of one in particular, but let's not go there, again...).

Also, people online are different than they are in day-to-day life, I've found. There's an anonymity to posting on forums and such that embolden those who might behave differently "in real life." I wonder how many of these folks don't even see any of this as "real."

In any case, it's a sad situation when you are attacked and harassed by people who just don't get the fact that we don't tolerate their nonsense here.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Worst Online Mormons

I would have little trouble believing they were Mormons, but that they find the online community a "safe" place to express views that otherwise they could not express at church.

25th Nov, 2012 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

The Worst Online Mormons Mormon Doctrine Studies

I've been to sites online where the people chatting or posting things claim they are Mormon but I beg to differ, I think they just say that but really they're just trolls.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The Worst Of Online Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,