Trinidad Parenting Children With Autism

Trinidad Parenting Children Autism - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 1st Mar, 2011 - 6:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »
Autism In Trinidad and Tobago - The challenges of being an Autism Parent in this country are enormous. The most basic rights of children on the Autism Spectrum is not given. Also: APATT Community
21st Feb, 2011 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

Having a child with special needs is not a joke. Parenting a kid with these characteristics can be very stressful. What are some of the coping strategies you use to deal with your special needs child?

Trinibago Autism Parents & those on the Autism Spectrum:

Make sure to sign up to be part of the free Community: APATT Community.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2011 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

Autism Children Parenting Trinidad

Name: TriniM

Comments: I don't. Thats why I need to look for support in places like this one. I don't have the support of family or friends. It's tough.

21st Feb, 2011 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Parenting Children With Autism Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Sorry to hear about that TriniM. I cope better some days and worst in others. My son's mood changes constantly so is hard to give an exact answer.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2011 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Name: TriniM

Comments: My child also has mood swings so I know how you feel specialmom, hang in there we're all trying our best and our children are blessed to have parents who care.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2011 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Name: ReidMD

Comments: I believe looking for the positives, and celebrating your child's victories, no matter how small or great. It may take your child until age 6 to stop bed wetting whereas a child without autism is toilet trained while as a toddler, so what! celebrate that your child has reached a developmental milestone. Enjoy the pace that they develop through into adulthood.
Try to find humor in not so humorous situations. Remember there is always someone worst off than you, or your situation, I recently met a mother, whose child was blind as well as autistic and had seizures. Thank God for your blessings everyday and enjoy God's gift of your child.

21st Feb, 2011 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

Thanks for that post Reid! You know, my son potty trained when he was 2 and a half...he learned to do it in a week. He is high functioning, he can use a computer better than I do, just learned the 50 US states and its capitals and is a very loving child. He has made tremendous progress.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2011 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Parenting Children Autism

Name: ReidMD

Comments: That's awesome. We need to give our children more credit. There is a lot they can do, and may just not be able to communicate it all. We have some awesome children in our care!

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2011 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Parenting Children Autism Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

Name: Malisa

Comments: I try not to take on what others say but the bad looks I get when I travel in public is sometimes embarrassing. Not that I'm embarrassed by my child but they look at me as though I'm a bad parent.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Trinidad Parenting Children With Autism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,