Body Language!

Body Language! - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 28th Jan, 2004 - 7:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Probably one of the most negelected, yet most noticable languages is that of the body's natural language.
31st Dec, 2004 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

Body Language!

Without knowing it, you might be communicating a strong message in a room. Do you know any body language?

One sample: they say that if you cross your arms during a conversation then it means you are protective of your heart.

Leaning forward with your hand under your chin shows interest in something.

Can you think of more?

Sponsored Links:
31st Dec, 2004 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

Language Body

I always thought crossing your arms kind of meant you were keeping your distance. I guess that could be the same as protecting your heart.

hands on hips - defiant

head tilted - listening

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2004 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

Body Language!
A Friend

Body Language! Health & Special Psychology

One foot forward ~ on the defense or on the attack

Presenting your body sideways to the speaker ~ you doubt what they say, or don't like them.

1st Jan, 2004 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

Language Body

Offtopic but,
i managed to find the old text for this topic and decided to post it here.

Body Language!|JB@Trinidad|We don't normally see this as a language per sey. but it is! Here are some things that I thought of about body language and its' use...

1. Military uses it when doing secret missions
2. Deaf use it - known as sign language
3. When your boss gets you mad you use it
4. When you hear shocking news you cover your mouth or shake your head (think if someone told you something shocking and you just stood still, they would think you were dead - in this regard body language is expected)

Maybe you know of others... for instance a person who folds their arms in a conversation means they are being defensive or guarded about what is being said...|||||

Re: Body Language!|JB@Trinidad|How about this one...

From: https://www.questia.com/PageManagerHTMLMedi...;br>Physical movement without conscious control is such a pervasive part of our life that we rarely stop to examine its profound implications. Without thinking about it speakers use hand and arm movements to supplement an argument, drivers control their cars while thinking other thoughts, baseball pitchers reflexively catch line drives that are hit back at them at blinding speeds. Indeed, daily life would be impossible if we had to consciously plan our every movement, from simply walking to dodging cars or, in other circumstances, from escaping predators to tracking game.

Publication Information: Publication Title: Nonconscious Movements: From Mystical Messages to Facilitated Communication. Contributors: Herman H. Spitz - author. Publisher: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. Place of Publication: Mahwah, NJ. Page Number: 25. Publication Year: 1997. |||||mute

Re: Body Language!|msslmshdy30|While I am talking or speaking, I constantly use my hands.  Not just as like to prove some kind of point in an arguement, but just in any kind of general conversation.  It's always been something that I've done.  I remember my old boss telling me that I would probably pass out if someone tied my hands behind my back and told me to speak.  lol|||||mute

Re: Body Language!|LDS_forever|
While I am talking or speaking, I constantly use my hands.  Not just as like to prove some kind of point in an arguement, but just in any kind of general conversation.  It's always been something that I've done.  I remember my old boss telling me that I would probably pass out if someone tied my hands behind my back and told me to speak.  

LOL. I'm like that too! biggrin.gif hmmmm sure you don't have some italian blood on ya? wink.gif|||||mute

Re: Body Language!|msslmshdy30|
sure you don't have some italian blood on ya?

lol Yup, believe it or not, I do have some Italian blood in me.  ;)  I have quite a few different kinds of blood, but I am part Italian and then there a bunch of other kinds like:  a small part of Native American, Scottish Irish, French, German, just to name the ones I do know.  But my dad says there's more, but we got to talking about other things and that topic was forgotten.  ;)  lol|||||mute

Re: Body Language!|Delcita|Some peoples body language is messed up though, i seen people who fall and hurt themselves then "laugh & cry" at the same time, and others smile when there trying to say something that's upsetting, and when some people are angry there faces look as if there not angry... maybe some peoples emotions just don't show, or are they really good at hiding them? or too scared to show them?
maybe some people are more emotional than others. :really:||10/05/03 at 17:23:15|Delcita||mute

Re: Body Language!|JB@Trinidad|
maybe some people are more emotional than others.

Yes, that is true, but also in your above examples the reaction of the person to a situation is a form of body language too, even if it does not seem 'normal' to you it may be normal to them. For instance. If you fell and hurt yourself only slightly, you might think it natural to shed a tear because of pain, but for another person they would just laugh it off and yet for another they might act as though it never happened and these would be normal responses. If a highly trained and tough commando fell and hurt himself only slightly would you take it as correct body language if he shed a tear for that?|||||mute

Re: Body Language!|joe15|I think everyone uses it at least a little, also I think guys use a lot of sound effects in speaking and girls do a little, I also think sometimes body language can cause confussion like if someone folded thier arms just because that is what they do not trying to be defensive and the other person gets offended can anyone else relate|||||mute

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2004 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

Body Language!
A Friend

Language Body

I've read in a book some stuff about body language. I'll try to translate a part of it here.

Details that betray the liers:

Only the most skilled can lie with their bodies. Who lies produces instinctively certain body movements. The most usual signs of lie are the gesticulations of taking the hand to the face.
To scratch the neck is a sign of uncertainness. To scratch the eye and the nose can be an unconscious try to disguise untruths. To scratch the eye also avoids visual contact. Of course any of these gesticulations can also be used innocently.

(Reader's Digest - Você Sabia?)

1st Jan, 2004 - 7:56pm / Post ID: #

Body Language!

here's a website with a few brief descriptions from someone's book.

Decoding body language
It's sort of a "quick reference guide" smile.gif

Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Jan, 2004 - 11:32am / Post ID: #

Body Language!

That is a good little list, too bad it does not work in cyber space wink.gif I like this set in particular:

LYING

Touches face
hand over mouth
pulls ear
eyes down
glances at you
shifts in seat
looks down and to left

28th Jan, 2004 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Body Language! Psychology Special & Health

It used to really aggravate my son when I could tell that he was lying.. and he wanted to know *how* I knew. I've never told him, because I don't want him to try to correct his behavior smile.gif

He does either a "side glance" or a very direct stare, and his usually animated face goes very still -- he's trying not to betray his emotions by holding himself steady smile.gif

Gotcha!

Roz

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Body Language!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,