Does Love Solve Everything?

Does Love Solve Everything - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 20th May, 2004 - 2:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 

?
Poll: Do you feel that Love can solve everything?
  Yes       15.38%
  No       84.62%
Total Votes: 13
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Not a difficult question, or is it?
2nd Jan, 2004 - 5:09am / Post ID: #

The kind of love I am talking about is pure love, not sexual, nor sensual nor lustful, but real charitable love like the love experienced between mother and child. Now you can ask a lot of questions or start to say you will base your answer on this or that, but that is not the point... the point here is based on love itself conquering everything!

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jan, 2004 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

Everything Solve Love Does

I do not believe love conquers everything. In fact, I think, this myth contributes to a lot of unhappy marriages. People think as long as they love each other they will always be happy. Not true.

Now, always behaving in a loving manner is different from just loving someone so it would also go a long way towards happiness if we did live with the pure love of Christ. However, my loving my son completely does not keep him free of drugs. It does not keep him from being killed in a car accident or being mugged, etc.

This is why I say it does not conquer everything. Another example is someone suffering from depression. You might love them completely, but that won't take away their depression.

2nd Jan, 2004 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Does Love Solve Everything? Health & Special Psychology

No, I don't think Love can solve everything, if so...lots of people who are full of great love for others should be happy ever after and they are not....

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2004 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I sort of know what pure love is, I haven't experienced but from what I know. I dont think it solves everything, because sometimes love isn't strong enough. I dont want to sound negative but sometimes it just isn't.

Post Date: 22nd Mar, 2004 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I will have to say no also. I don't think love can solve everything. In order for love to solve some problems it also needs trust. Without trust, love cannot stand on its own. This is just something that I've come to learn the hard way. undecided.gif

Even with my the love I have for my children, it doesn't solve everything and keep them safe from harm. But of course this is in my opinion.

Post Date: 20th May, 2004 - 8:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I don't believe love solves everything either.
But love sure can do a lot of good to people when they got big problems.I believe that love can provide people the strenght to solve their problems and that love can make people want to solve problems that they otherwise not would solve.

Reconcile Edited: Snake on 20th May, 2004 - 8:44am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th May, 2004 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

Does Love Solve Everything

Snake, allow me to offer a more cynical view of love. I think it solves nothing. I don't think it helps people solve problems either. If it did, we would see far less divorce in the world. The vast majority of people are in love when the first get married, yet in the end this love doesn't help them solve their problems. It doesn't help keep their marriage together. I believe love should do these things, but often people ignore problems until the love is gone or so deeply hidden within the problems that it is not strong enough or the people just don't care enough any longer to try to save the relationship.

I do agree love is wonderful and people experiencing it are happier than those who are not, but it doesn't seem to help with problems. That takes work and determination.

20th May, 2004 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

Does Love Solve Everything Psychology Special & Health

Allow me to make a point that I think everyone is forgetting... and yes I am of the point of view that love is a cure all... you see, love is action, so long as there is love (action) then everything works out well, if there is no more love (no action) then it does not work out. Some are using the equation of relationships, but they are only using half of the numbers, you see, love (action) means you have to act upon it, nuture it, once you do not do these things then it is no longer love (action) and therefore you cannot blame love itself, but 'greed' or 'selfishness' or 'distrust', etc. Think about it... remember, love - action, if you are doing things based on love...

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Does Love Solve Everything?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,