EverQuest Online Adventures

Everquest Online Adventures - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 9th Jan, 2004 - 1:45am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Reviews - Relationships and More...
Post Date: 5th Jan, 2004 - 12:50am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sorry I can't tell ya much about this game. I was given to us by a friend of ours and unfortunately, we don't have the connecting wires to hook our PS2 to our computer and log on to the net. undecided.gif

Has anyone got this game and has played it before? I am really trying to see if paying out the extra few bucks for a the connecting wires would be worth it or not.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Jan, 2004 - 11:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Adventures Online EverQuest

Don't pay for the connecting wires unless you expect to waste the hours of your life away playing your character....you also have to pay like a $10 per month fee. smile.gif

I have the computer version of everquest...its a really well buiilt game. Unless you have tons of time, a fast connection and lots of money don't bother with it.

Reconcile Edited: Leirsgrios on 6th Jan, 2004 - 11:19pm

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2004 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

EverQuest Online Adventures Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Thanks for the heads up on the game Leirs. I greatly appreciate the inside scoop on it. I really didn't know much about it was why I asked. I may check out the pc version of it and see how that is instead. Thanks again biggrin.gif

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2004 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I liked everquest alot, Used all my free time to play it. If I were you Mssl, i would do some research, see if your computer can handle it and you WILL want that new faster internet connection before you play. I give the game 4/5 stars myself. The game has 5-6 expansion packs to go along with it. I bought the gold version for $100 bucks Canadian and got all versions. It allows you to have more races, items and adventure to larger and more parts of the world. The level cap right now is 65, I got my character to about lvl 53 by the time I quit and i had only travelled through 1/4 of the world. The real adventures start around lvl 62, that is when you get the good gear, fight the baddest monsters and can travel to newer pre-restricted parts of the world. If you do get hte game, i suggest you join a guild fairly early. They will help you gain levels faster, get new items and make new friends. In later levels of the game, you cannot really do anything unless you have a large group of teamates to travel with or death is certain. I have a friend who is lvl 65, hes been playing for years now. He goes on adventures with groups of 30 or more people and they get wiped out by a single monster.

PS: Its a hard game and dying isn't fun.

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2004 - 7:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thanks again for the heads up with the game, Leirs. I will definitely look into where I can find it and pick it up. It sounds like it would definitely keep me busy. wink.gif

Ps~ no worries about it being a hard game.....I love that kind of challenge in a game. That just means I won't beat it in a few hours. wink.gif

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2004 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Heh, the best thing about the game is that no one has ever beat it. A group of people in a clan called Afterlife has come the closest. They have gotten to the point where developers have never thought they would get so they couldn't do anything for a while. Developers are working hard to keep up with these crazy european Everquest addicts.

Heh, you definately won't beat this game in a few hours.....try a couple years and maybe....just maybe you might be lvl 65. Once your above level 52 leveling is really....really really hard and long. People spend months going from level 60 to 61. Thats what makes it so addicting. If everyone could get lvl 65 fast where would the fun be? Its a effort earn basis. The more ya play, the more you can do.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2004 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

So I take it you're still playing the game or have you just put it aside for a while? wink.gif Maybe you could use this thread for hints and tips for the game. I know I must not be the only one that is thinking of gettin this game or playing it. wink.gif Just an idea though. Thanks again, Leirs. cool.gif

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2004 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

EverQuest Online Adventures Computer Issues & Video Gaming

I put it aside for a while. My account with my characters is in Hibernation mode right now until I feel I want to play again. Kinda useless to pay $10USD a month if your not gonna be playin it eh? There really aren't alot of hints or tips you can give for this game seeing how it is so big, the biggest help would probably be Directions. If you get this game and need character creating help or something i'd be glad to help. Every race, class is unique though so my opinion may not be the same as someone elses.

One thing you may want to know before you get this would be System Requirements.

System requirements for Everquest were changed dramatically with the Shadows of Luclin expansion. You must now have DirectX 8.1 in order to play which eliminates players using Windows 95 because it does not support the newest version of DirectX. This expansion increases the graphics, gameplay and many other aspects of the game. I highly reccomend it.

Lets see what the back of my box says.

Minimum System Requirements include: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP or higher, DirectX 8.1, Pentium II with 400 MHz or faster processor, 128MB RAM, CD-ROM, 450MB of free disk space (in addition to existing Everquest installation) for Luclin files, 650MB of additional free space if installing the retextured old zones, Internet connection of 28.8Kbps or faster, Nvidia GeForce or higher DirectX compliant video card with 16MB or higher texture memory supporting Hardware T&L, DirectX 8.0 or higher sound card, Microsoft-compatible Mouse, Existing Everquest with active account.

Recommended System Requirements include Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor or higher, GeForce II 32MB Graphics Card, 256MB RAM, 1.5 GB free HDD Space, 56.6Kbps or faster internet connection, SBLive or better sound card and all previous Everquest expansions.

These system specs are for the Shadows of Luclin expansion which comes with the original game. Without this expansion and the many others you are pretty limited in gameplay.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: EverQuest Online Adventures

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,