Realistic Robots - Just Like Humans - Page 2 of 3

This thread started almost exactly 6 years - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 7th Mar, 2017 - 7:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Video Available Geminoid DK
Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2016 - 11:44am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Realistic Robots - Just Like Humans - Page 2

Soft-bodied robots: Actuators inspired by muscle

To make robots more cooperative and have them perform tasks in close proximity to humans, they must be softer and safer. A new actuator generates movements similar to those of skeletal muscles using vacuum power to automate soft, rubber beams. Like real muscles, the actuators are soft, shock absorbing, and pose no danger to their environment or humans working collaboratively alongside them or the potential future robots equipped with them. Ref. Source 8f.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jun, 2016 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Humans Like - Robots Realistic

I would like to have a robot/android serf. It would mean a new age for all mankind. But, I am hopeless romantic. In reality they would be used to replace humans in menial tasks. They eliminate the injure factor and maximize work, as they do not have the same needs a human has. They are faster and easier to replace and train/program too. Plus, they do not complain or strike and this will give way to people with dark minds too. And yes, I mean all kinds of deprivations, the humanoid robots won't be only for work.

8th Jun, 2016 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

Realistic Robots - Just Like Humans UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

international QUOTE
Plus, they do not complain or strike…

If the Matrix trilogy or AI has any truth in it then that would end up in an AI rebellion against humanity because human robots will want to be treated as human.

Post Date: 20th Aug, 2016 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Humans Like - Robots Realistic

People favour expressive, communicative robots over efficient and effective ones

Making an assistive robot partner expressive and communicative is likely to make it more satisfying to work with and lead to users trusting it more, even if it makes mistakes, a new study suggests. Ref. Source 1s.

27th Aug, 2016 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Humans Like - Robots Realistic

It would be interesting to see the evolution of realistic robots taking place as technology continues to become more advanced as time goes by. However, it is also scary to know what some people will do when they have the power over these things in the future.

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2017 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

Realistic Robots - Just Like Humans

Robot uses social feedback to fetch objects intelligently

By enabling them to ask a question when they're confused, an algorithm helps robots get better at fetching objects, an important task for future robot assistants. Ref. Source 9g.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Mar, 2017 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

Realistic Robots - Just Like Humans
A Friend

Realistic Robots - Like Humans - Page 2

If a robot can think and ask questions we are getting closer to having AI (Artificial Intelligence). I can see this coming to light in a few years down the road and maybe even have some next generation humanoid robots moving about.

7th Mar, 2017 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

Realistic Robots - Like Humans Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

This thread started almost exactly 6 years ago, and to see the progress that has been made in robotics just in that short amount of time is staggering. I program and work with computers quite often and I don't think it will be long until we have the software to run things approximating human intelligence. However I don't think it will be able to think and create the same way we humans do. We make such huge leaps sometimes and illogical connections, that robots will struggle to imitate that aspect. However, I think that illogical nature is essential to us being human. I will have no problem with having an android and considering it to be 'alive' or thinking or whatever you want to call that, but I don't think it will ever be human.

I also don't think robots will ever demand rights like a human, not that they don't deserve it, just that they won't need them the same way we do. Lets say you have a robot worker and it gets 'killed' (Or whatever you want to call a robot that no longer functions). Assuming that a recent backup is available (Which is good practice for all information, not just for robots), then it's personality could just be uploaded to a new body and it would never really know the difference. As such I think that robots will have an inherent disconnect between their 'minds' and their bodies. I think robots won't care that you damage their bodies, so long as you leave their software alone. Most of our laws about harming other humans are because we can't separate ourselves from our bodies. If we lose an arm, then we have to change our identity to incorporate this new part of our body, but a robot could just change to a new unharmed body with no consequences.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Realistic Robots - Just Like Humans

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,