Paper Books Vs. Ebooks

Paper Books Vs Ebooks - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 17th Mar, 2012 - 5:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Electronic Books vs Regular Books
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2011 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Paper Books Vs. Ebooks

Technological changes may lead to 'reading divide'

The rapid rise of e-books could lead to a "reading divide" as those unable to afford the new technology are left behind, even as U.S. Reading and writing skills decline still further. Ref. Source 8

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2011 - 1:54am / Post ID: #

Paper Books Vs. Ebooks
A Friend

Ebooks Vs Books Paper

I have a nook and I like the fact that I can have many books to read with me at any given time without having to tote a small bag full of books. I think that this technology was made for me so I am able to pack lighter for trips.

Post Date: 27th May, 2011 - 7:04am / Post ID: #

Paper Books Vs. Ebooks
A Friend

Paper Books Vs. Ebooks UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

While I agree with KNtoran that these eBooks are great for travel, I miss the tactile sensation of opening, holding and turning the pages of a book. I LOVE to read. I'll put down a Jordan book in a few days and grab the previous off the shelf just to brush back up before hitting the newest one a second time. But I personally need to have something more tangible and less plastic-y in my hands if I'm really going to lose myself in a story.

Reconcile Edited: Bacour on 27th May, 2011 - 7:05am

29th May, 2011 - 8:45am / Post ID: #

Ebooks Vs Books Paper

There is no way I'd replace a real book with an e-book, because I just love the smell, and coziness of a book. The flipping of the pages can't be beaten. I also love going into my parents house, where they have floor to ceiling book shelves and perusing their titles. If the humble paper book were to replaced by technology, what would we put in book shelves? We would have to name them something different. No, I like the book. I like that new smell a book has and also the worn covers of a loved book read too many times. Its comfortable and nice.

30th May, 2011 - 5:09am / Post ID: #

Ebooks Vs Books Paper

Most of my time spent reading is done while traveling, so for myself I prefer the e-book method. I just load the book(s) that I think I will be reading on my phone and I am good to go. Also, If I decide that I really didn't want to read the book that I loaded I can just load another. I am not stuck with a book that I found out that I really wasn't interested in.

29th Jan, 2012 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

Paper Books Vs. Ebooks

I can see how ebooks are very convenient but you know what... Because you can carry around so many books with you it becomes a novelty and you don't take it quite as seriously as if you had a good book in your hands.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2012 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Paper Books Vs. Ebooks
A Friend

Paper Books Vs. Ebooks

In my opinion, both have upside and downside.
E-books, perhaps is very convenience to be read in anywhere. But, the radiation of pc's monitor isn't a good thing for your health.
Paper books, though these kind are heavy in your bag, but you wouldn't have the radiation like e-books.

17th Mar, 2012 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

Paper Books Vs. Ebooks Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

I always read someone talk about the weight of books being the downside but really books aren't meant to be carried around unless its just one book. Most books stay on your shelf until you need them.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Paper Books Vs. Ebooks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,