Your Favorite Lds Composer?

Your Favorite Lds Composer - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 26th May, 2010 - 6:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
14th Jan, 2004 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

LDS related music now takes on a new level of taste with different themes and some of it trying to sound like or at least offer a similar choice to pop and other classical pieces.
However, who is your favorite composer of LDS music and words? Janice Kapp Perry, seems to be a popular choice, but there are many others.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Dec, 2004 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

Composer Lds Favorite Your

As a musician, I love music from Kurt Bestor, Sam Cardon, and Crawford Gates. I am hesitant also to include Lex DeAzevedo because of Saturday's Warrior, but his 'Variations on a Sacred Theme' are so great, I'll overlook that.

When I turn off musician mode and listen for spiritual impressions, I really enjoy some of Kenneth Cope's music, some Michael McLean, and many of the songs on EFY soundtracks. When it comes to these types of songs, I tend to have a taste in music that some would call cheesy. That's okay. An essential part of the Michael McLean experience is his unabashed cheesiness. He's just himself.

HOWEVER, to answer the question, if I had to pick one artist whose words and music affect me, I would have to say Michael Webb. 'Marvelous Light: A Prodigal's Story' is a great album, and his EFY songs are very nice as well.

2nd Dec, 2004 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

Your Favorite Lds Composer? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I have many favourites. Janice Kapp Perry, Kenneth Cope, Michael McLean, etc....yes, just like howe said, cheesy music artists. I don't mind either because I like cheesy music in general tongue.gif

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2005 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I agree with all of you, only I would add Afterglow to the list. I have been listening to them since I joined the church and they bring such a sweet spirit into my heart. I love this type of music, it really betters my frame of mind.

24th Sep, 2007 - 8:35am / Post ID: #

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 2-Dec 04, 3:42 PM)
yes, just like howe said, cheesy music artists.  tongue.gif

I would have to say that the "Liken" movie soundtracks get my "Cheesy" vote--I listen to them over and over and so do my kids. I love Michael McLean as well, especially his "Forgotten Carols" at Christmas. I have loved Afterglow since I joined the church back in the early 80's as well!

I would have to say my overall favorite though would be "Nashville Tribute to Joseph Smith"--I feel inspired and encouraged in the things I face everyday, as I listen to the lyrics of his life and dedication to the Lord it helps me so much.

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2009 - 10:21am / Post ID: #

Name: Jan

Comments: I saw the message about Michael Webb. I too like the Prodigal CD. I am looking for any sheet music from that collection or names of his other songs that can be purchased. I have looked for copies but cannot find anything available. Am I just looking in the wrong places? Help if you can. Thanks

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2010 - 11:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Your Favorite Lds Composer

I like and love Janice Kapp Perry's songs the most. I feel the Spirit when I play her songs and that it reminds me of my mission 5 years ago.

Post Date: 26th May, 2010 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Your Favorite Lds Composer Mormon Doctrine Studies

Name: Willis

Comments: Janice Kapp Perry is one of the best composers ever. If you really listen to her songs or find the lyrics just read it, very touching.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Your Favorite Lds Composer?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,