Student's Not Mature Enough To Choose Beverage?

Student' S Mature Choose Beverage - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 7th Sep, 2005 - 9:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 16th Jan, 2004 - 6:36am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Recently, in Calgary, Alberta. Canada.. The school board has decided that elementary and junior high students can't choose their beverage. In response to obesity in youth, they've taken the inititive to remove pop from vending machines, leaving only juice.

Because as we all know, juice is so much healthier.

Unless of course you compare the sugar or calories, not the mention the price.

Thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
16th Jan, 2004 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

Beverage Choose To Mature Students

It may sound like a good idea but I don't think it would change anything. Those same children will go out and purchase those beverages, what difference does it make?

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2004 - 12:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Student's Not Mature Enough To Choose Beverage? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I don't understand either. Kids will just be able to buy that stuff outside school so what's the point of banning them in school? I don't think it's helping one bit.

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2004 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

This last year at my school they held a 2 hour-long seminar about obesity. Man that was boring! They were talking about getting rid of our soda and snack vending machines and selling healthy foods and salads. But they also don't have the right funding. Funny thing is though... The teachers visit those machines just as often as some of the students >.>

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2004 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I live on van island B.C and at our school they have just raised prices on anything they deem "non-healthy" but what I don't get is that they also raised the price on water. If adults want us to drink healthier and stuff why raise the water prices, if they were lower than more people would buy it........makes sense doesn't it??

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2005 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Guess this one's continental wide, huh? T_T darn hypocrites... You don't see "healthy" vending machines in those white-collared fat bastards' buildings or offices. Things should blow over in a small amount of time, anyway. Vending machine businesses *have* to be losing money from lack of purchase of expensive healthy snacks. If not, we could always boycott...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Student's Not Mature Enough To Choose Beverage?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,