Anger Management

Anger Management - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 11th Sep, 2005 - 1:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Anger Management Quotes
Does most things set you off into a fit of rage?
Post Date: 18th Jan, 2004 - 6:49am / Post ID: #

Anger Management
A Friend

Anger Management

Anger can be a very powerful emotion that can be difficult to control, and at times can overwhelm us. I'm sure that many of us find ourselves at times in this predicament. So my question is how do you control your anger?

Sponsored Links:
19th Jan, 2004 - 1:58pm / Post ID: #

Management Anger

Probably don't control it as well as I should. I do think I have gotten better at this as I have grown older. Now, I try not to respond right away. I try to remove myself from the situation for a while. This allows me to remove the immediate emotion from my response. It allows me to cool down and think about things more rationally before I answer.

I think it is o.k. to get angry, but we need to be careful that we don't allow our emotions to dictate our behavior. By waiting a while before responding, it helps me to get my emotions under control before responding.

If a situation is really big, then I also include prayer in my preparation for dealing with it,

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 19th Jan, 2004 - 1:59pm

12th Feb, 2005 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

Anger Management Health & Special Psychology

When I am angry, I generally do not let it out, but keep it within myself. It could be a good thing, at times, but I generally think it is not good to keep your feelings inside. By not expressing anger, my intent is not to hurt other people around me. But while they are indeed not harmed, I myself will be. Expressing your anger will help you diminish it, pass it on. But by remaining silent, the anger will remain stored in you for a much longer time.

13th Feb, 2005 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

Management Anger

I definetly let it out, I am not the type to keep it to myself. If I am angry with you, you'll definetly know about it laugh.gif. I do not hold my anger for long but if it is something that I consider a risk for my welfare or the welfare of my family, then I may hold that anger a little longer. I think our emotions are something we choose to let it out. I remember reading a psychology book years ago while in college and this author was saying that Anger as any other emotion is something we decided to do...in other words, there is not such a thing as "You made me angry". I chose to feel the way I did. I thought it was interesting.

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2005 - 5:33am / Post ID: #

Anger Management
A Friend

Management Anger

I have always battled with anger. I have learned to control my anger lately because I feel that it is necessary to control ones own body and emotions. If I don't feel in control, I am less happy with myself. Letting anger out is good, but it must be controlled. From experience, simply letting anger fly leads to hurt feelings and more anger. I do believe that expressing anger is part of the control process, like a steam valve, just letting enough out to decompress the situation but not hurting anyone.

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2005 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Anger Management
A Friend

Anger Management

I believe that was already a thread with a topic similar to this...I never had problems with anger... never react on in...Sometimes I think that is a bad thing...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Feb, 2005 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

Anger Management

I, in general, keep my anger to myself. There have been all kind of references to filling your bucket or containing the pressure before you explode. This is true! When I do finally reach the point when I blow up, it is not pretty. The unfortunate individual that gets the receiving end of this anger gets way more than way is necessary (usually years of anger). This does not sound good, I know. However, my defense mechanism is humor and I am good at finding peoples week spots. So if I were to just release my anger all the time, I probably would be friendless and unmarried! laugh.gif

Just me,

Vincenzo

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2005 - 1:48am / Post ID: #

Anger Management
A Friend

Anger Management Psychology Special & Health

I control my anger by the rigid rules and laws of Christianity and the law of the United States. I mean if I was to get angry at a friend and I had my fist pulled back, something in me suddenly reminds me of my responsibilities and tells me of the consequences of my actions if I carry them out. In other words its morals that help control my anger. but if its my sister.... I yell as she yells. biggrin.gif

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Anger Management

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,