Does Christmas Offend Jews?

Does Christmas Offend Jews - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 31st Dec, 2014 - 5:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 10th Apr, 2011 - 6:03am / Post ID: #

Christmas Related

Name: Fiona

Comments: just asking if Christmas offends Jews because during that time of year there is so much marketing about everything to do with Christ and Christmas so it drowns out their celebrations around the same time.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Dec, 2014 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Jews Offend Christmas Does

Most Jews Wish You a Merry Christmas
By Dennis Prager

As a Jew, and a religious one at that, I want to wish my fellow Americans a Merry Christmas.

Not "Happy Holidays." Merry Christmas.

I write, "my fellow Americans" because, as reported by the Pew Research poll released just last Wednesday, nine in 10 Americans say they celebrate Christmas.

Apparently, many Americans have forgotten that Christmas is not only a Christian holy day, but also an American national holiday. Just as we wish one another a "Happy Thanksgiving" or a "Happy Fourth," so, too, we should wish fellow Americans a "Merry Christmas."

It doesn't matter with which religion or ethnic group you identify; Christmas in America is as American as the proverbial apple pie. That is why some of the most famous and beloved Christmas songs were written by guess who? Jews. Ref. Source 3

> TOPIC: Does Christmas Offend Jews?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,