Single Statistics In The Church

Single Statistics Church - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 11th Oct, 2006 - 2:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th Jan, 2004 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Did you know?

40% of North American members in the Church are Single Adults.

The ratio of ACTIVE single men to ACTIVE single women in the age group of 18 to 29 is 89:100.

The ratio of ACTIVE single men to ACTIVE single women in the age group over 30 is (drum roll please....) 19:100.

62% of single members over 30 have never married.

16% of single women members over 30 are single parents.

Isn't that interesting?

Roz

Sponsored Links:
25th Jan, 2004 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

Church The Statistics Single

The ratio of ACTIVE single men to ACTIVE single women in the age group over 30 is (drum roll please....) 19:100.

Rather depressing statistic for single women over 30 in the Church, don't you think? sad.gif This is one of the reasons I have heard in the past for polygamy in the early Church. Not trying to start a topic here on that subject though because one already exists on this board. However, it does show that certain things never do change. If we have more single women active than single men active, then it stands to reason we have more active women than active men period. I wonder why that is? It certainly isn't any longer due to persecution or being killed by antis.

26th Jan, 2004 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

Single Statistics In The Church Studies Doctrine Mormon

I can't imagine why there are so few active single men in the church... Why would so many priesthood holders fall away? I would think there would be more strength in that, but perhaps this (and here's a whole 'nother topic) is what satan goes after -- the power of the priesthood, and stifles the desire of these good men to follow Christ, however he can.

Yes, it's a pretty sorry picture of single adult life in the church. Now we know why the activities are so poorly attended biggrin.gif

Roz

22nd Aug, 2005 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

I would be interested to see how up-to-date these statistics are. My uneducated guess is that they are a bit outdated. Why do I say this? I am not saying this from just a mans point of view...

But lately almost EVERY couple that I know who have divorced has been primarily because of the woman. I think that society is pushing hard on changing our perceptions of the values of the home, and in particular, what was once the traditional roles of the mother. I believe that it is satans great design to shift his attentions to the mother, woman and wife, and to entice her with new and expanded options. I am not at all saying that a woman should be a stay at home mom, I am just saying that I think society (and satan) is REALLY pushing this issue, and is making it the latest in an long list of weapons.

Also back to the statistics quoted, it would be interesting to see how something like that breaks down geographically. I wonder if the numbers would be influenced if the researcher were to isolate Utah and Idaho, and then compare them to areas such as California, Oregon, ect. I don't know one way or the other, but would be VERY curious about it.

Larry

Post Date: 11th Oct, 2006 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

So what's my problem, I can't seem to find a good LDS girl that's interested in a guy like me.

> TOPIC: Single Statistics In The Church

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,