Role-playing Games Represent You? - Page 2 of 2

What Fairmaiden is saying is even more true - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 30th Jul, 2011 - 4:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 
Do the decisions we make somehow show our inner self or is it just acting? A case study and chaotic discussion...
Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2004 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

Role-playing Games Represent You?
A Friend

Role-playing Games Represent You? - Page 2

paranoia is not uncommon,and playing with other Dm's has its benefits,but if you have a good Dm the point for him is not to manipulate the party,it is to tell a story based on our actions.
Good GM's are hard to find,so if you find one try and keep him/her.

Sponsored Links:
26th Feb, 2009 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

You Represent Games Role-playing

That is something I haven't thought about. I guess in some ways it reflects what I might do in a certain situation but not all the time sometimes its just me trying to show what the character would do.

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2009 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Role-playing Games Represent You? Reviews RPG & Card Board

This is why my games are never the same. I have had a whole scenario take place inside a cities walls due to the way the characters went. A good DM lets the characters play and fills in the stuff around them to include consequences for their action in the market or the Inn.

28th Feb, 2009 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 You Represent Games Role-playing

When our group consisted of a couple friends and my cousins and aunt, I noticed, and later, upon urging by the GM, really started paying attention, to how each player would, on average (given different characters they played) still give a fairly accurate portrayal of that person's real-life persona, including their destructive and anti-social habits, and their more beneficent tendancies. We could tell who had a quickly emerging dark and rebellious streak, who's interest was pure control, who wanted law and dicipline, etc. It was quite revealing for everyone - regular players who immerse in play and tend to be very creative though, are much harder to pin down this way because they use a variety of emotions and personal dynamics, as well as incorporating things they've seen in other player-characters and movies and books, etc and so can weave a much richer, more removed-from-themselves character.

28th Feb, 2009 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

You Represent Games Role-playing

I have noticed a few players that were unable to separate their persona from their character. With this problem you get players trying to 'intellectualise' what should be a character with a low IQ.

16th Jul, 2011 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

Anyone that cannot separate himself from his FICTIONAL character should seek professional help because its just a game and nothing more than that.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Jul, 2011 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

Role-playing Games Represent You - Page 2

I will like to add in my bit... Your fictional character can be an expression of yourself or an extension of yourself IF you had those abilities. Of course if you believe you DO have those abilities then that is a problem.

30th Jul, 2011 - 4:05am / Post ID: #

Role-playing Games Represent You Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

What Fairmaiden is saying is even more true when its a character you start off the way you want it. If its a random character though you might like totally struggle to bring yourself into it so that's where role playing comes in.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Role-playing Games Represent You?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,