Safest Way To Travel?

Safest Travel - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 21st Dec, 2004 - 4:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: Which for you is the safest mode of transport to go on a vactaion?
  Car       20.00%
  Bus       20.00%
  Plane       40.00%
  Ship       20.00%
Total Votes: 5
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2004 - 11:28am / Post ID: #

Safest Way To Travel?

Safety is of optimum concern (or at least it should be) when planning a trip. Which way do you like to travel when going on your vacation? For some it does not matter, so long as they reach in one piece and in peace.

Sponsored Links:
28th Jan, 2004 - 10:13pm / Post ID: #

Travel Way Safest

I prefer to take my motorcyle. If that isn't practical I would prefer to drive. However, statistics clearly indicate that the safest method of travel (at least in the US) is by plane.

We are all horrified at the large loss of life all at once in a plane crash, but many more die in car accidents each year than do in plane crashes. It is just that the plane crashes cause so many to die at once.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 28th Jan, 2004 - 10:13pm

29th Jan, 2004 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

Safest Way To Travel? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I prefer to take my motorcyle.

Wouldn't that actually be the 'worst' form of transportation when safety is a consideration?

29th Jan, 2004 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Travel Way Safest

Only if you get in an accident. wink.gif Since vacations are for fun, I try to make the travel a part of the vacation, by riding my bike.

17th Feb, 2004 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

Travel Way Safest

Only if you get in an accident.

That's just it... this thread is about the safest mode of transportation for a vacation and I think being on a motorbike is the least safe? Often for insurance purposes many agents take a second thought on users of motorbikes. I once knew of a guy that waved his kids bye while leaving a gravel based driveway which caused him to spin center and he fell and broke his neck. Not to jinx you, but I hope you are safe.

17th Feb, 2004 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

Safest Way To Travel?

I must admit I ride without a helmet frequently, which isn't terribly smart, but at the same time, we do many other things that are also dangerous. Many people die each year skiing into trees, too, yet we don't generally think of skiing as dangerous.

I don't think riding a motorcycle, in and of itself, is dangerous. If I get into an accident, the chances of getting hurt are higher than if I were in a car, but I don't believe my chances of getting into an accident are any higher than they are in a car, if I drive safely and defensively. I have taken two safety courses, one as a beginner and later an advanced course, so I am properly trained, at least.

Your chances of getting into a plane crash are less than in a car accident, yet your chances of surviving a plane crash are significantly less than they are in surviving a car crash. In fact, I believe the chances of surviving a motorcycle accident is probably greater than surviving a plane crash, yet we don't think of plane travel as dangerous.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Feb, 2004 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

Safest Way Travel

I must admit I ride without a helmet frequently

I feel 'daddy' instincts coming on... 'Girl wear your helmet please!' wink.gif
Seriously though, be careful on that thing.

21st Dec, 2004 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

Safest Way Travel Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

I would think the safest form of transportation is by plane. In a car, there are more risks involved because of a greater chance of an accident. If there was a problem on a plane or a ship, then the potential for mass fatalities would be greater, but the number of plane and ship accidents vs car accidents are much less.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Safest Way To Travel?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,