Black Hole

Black Hole - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 29th Oct, 2004 - 10:49am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Add Reply QReply
Best of  Black Hole Black Holes - Dark Stars - A power unleashed in space that is not worth getting close to.
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2004 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,772
Avg: 7.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 3,357.74 FP
Charm: 355

Black Hole

Black Hole

There have been many myths and movies about the mysterious black hole. One has to wonder why such a thing would be created. What is its purpose (If any) and will we ever invent technology sufficient to study it? Maybe it is protecting something so dark, so deadly… ?

Ref. Dictionary.com:

Attached Image QUOTE
black hole n.
  1. An area of space-time with a gravitational field so intense that its escape velocity is equal to or exceeds the speed of light.
  2. A great void; an abyss: The government created a bureaucratic black hole that swallows up individual initiative.

Attached Image

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2004 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

funbikerchick
Diamond + G.I. Jane
[?] CPosts: 3,057
Avg: 0.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 18.2%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 182

Hole Black

I believe to some extent we are already studying black holes. I read recently of a black hole that swallowed up star. I didn't read the article, just the headline so I don't have any details, but the point is that apparently someone is studying them.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2004 - 5:23am / Post ID: #

Xtrasweetgirl
Black Hole
A Friend

Black Hole UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I don't think we are anywhere near close enough with our technology to even begin to think of that. We've having trouble studying Mars, which is one of the closest things to out planet in even our solar system alone. It will be awhile until we get anywhere close to black holes.

Post Date: 14th May, 2004 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

Pandora
Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,348
Avg: 3.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 85.5%
[+] Gain: 1,236.56 FP
Charm: 338

Hole Black

Black holes were and still a mystery. I doubt we can really investigate much about them, like Xtra pointed out we have trouble researching about Mars, and it is the closest of the planets in our solar system...black holes? nah, we are far from knowing what's going on with them.

Post Date: 20th May, 2004 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

MrWong
Black Hole
A Friend

Hole Black

Maybe one day they'll send an unnmanned ship into one. I know that even light can't escape a black holes gravitational pull, but maybe a ship could send back images to earth as it enters the hole. I guess, if the universe were bathwater, the black hole is the drain?

Post Date: 20th May, 2004 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

funbikerchick
Diamond + G.I. Jane
[?] CPosts: 3,057
Avg: 0.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 18.2%
Charm: 182

Black Hole

Well, if light can't escape a black hole how is the signals necessary to send back a picture going to be sent back. Not likely.

I must say, I question any of the information we think we have/know about black holes. Since it seems to me it is nothing more than speculation on the part of scientists based upon what they know of other things in space. It is quite possible (maybe even likely) that everything we think we know about them is completely untrue. It isn't like we have ever really done any exploring of these things.

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2004 - 5:41am / Post ID: #

Member Watchful Eye
[?] CPosts: 719
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.6%
Charm: 52

Black Hole

Black holes are problematic because you can't really study them. You can't get near one because it will swallow you!

Many scientists wanted to create a small black hole to study, but because of fears that it would swallow the whole lab from inside out, such experiments were never started.

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2004 - 10:49am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,772
Avg: 7.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 3,357.74 FP
Charm: 355

Black Hole

Many scientists wanted to create a small black hole to study

:spock: How does one go about creating a black hole?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Sponsored Links:

Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
# Words:
# Sentences:
# Paragraphs:
Reading Time:
Optional:
Search

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Black Hole

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2020
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,

ROK II

Current Leaders

Krusten

Krusten (15)
Wizard

Merlin (14)
Hunter

Thorin (13)
Stacia

Sapphire (9)
Ammon

Nephi (7)
Symphony

Melodee (6)

Aspiring Leaders

Adventure / Zork (5)
Warlock / Runic (4)
Beowolf / Wolf (4)
Cyoa / Hamilton (4)
Fantasy / Melinda (3)
Workman / Shamus (3)

Ready To Rule?

Are you here yet or still hiding? Come out of your cave and become a Ruler... a Ruler of Kings.

World Issues

China vs USA:
USA versus China versus Chinese versus Americans The role of its Army, Politics, and Status in the World. By News 1 Week Ago
Russia vs. Syria:
Syria vs Russia By Opinion 1 Week Ago
China Navy:
Chinese Aircraft Carrier
China Navy Beware the new Naval power, they are planning to come on stream with big naval might to match their ground forces. Chinese Aircraft Carrier - Chinese Navy By Lori 6th Feb, 2020 - 9:40pm
USA vs North Korea:
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome? By Shadow 3rd Feb, 2020 - 1:03pm
USA vs Syria:
versus U.S.A. Is Syria the next Iraq? By News 25th Oct, 2019 - 5:47am
North Korea vs South Korea:
versus North Korea Vs. South Korea By News 5th Jan, 2019 - 12:10pm
USA vs Germany:
Germany versus U.S.A. By News 11th Jul, 2018 - 8:00pm
North Korea Military:
Discuss  North Korea Military This Thread is about the North Korean Military itself - the kind of army, navy, and air force they have. By Wizard 15th Jan, 2018 - 9:36am
Japan vs North Korea:
North Korea versus Japan versus War With Japan By Swell 17th Oct, 2017 - 4:17pm
China Military:
China Military Technology Preparing For China. China is growing their military. China Military Technology - can it keep up with the US? By Abnninja 5th Mar, 2017 - 5:25pm