Is It Ok To Butt Kiss?

Is Butt Kiss - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Mar, 2005 - 6:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2004 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Is It Ok To Butt Kiss?

Is It OK to Butt Kiss?

I am sure you are wondering what this is about. I hear humans refer to this often. Basically I am asking if you think that being extra nice to your boss or teacher is okay or are you giving an unfair advantage to others who may be doing their work without trying extra hard to be nice?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2004 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

Is It Ok To Butt Kiss?
A Friend

Kiss Butt Ok Is

I don't know if it is OK to 'brown nose' your boss or not. Fair? Probably not, but there are always going to be those who do it, and get ahead because of it. The boss/employer/supervisor wants to be flattered and the b.n.'er is doing it. Even if it is insincere and only for personal gain. Because that is exactly what it is, insincere flattery.

Post Date: 9th Feb, 2004 - 5:57am / Post ID: #

Is It Ok To Butt Kiss?
A Friend

Is It Ok To Butt Kiss? History & Civil Business Politics

The image you present and your attitude can effect a situation a great deal. Many times attitude is a big part of a job, and therefore having a better, more optimistic attitude may just be doing the job better.

Ashley

19th Feb, 2004 - 6:54am / Post ID: #

Kiss Butt Ok Is

What gets me is, how can the boss be so ignorant as to buy into all that fake flattery?? Aren't they supposed to be intelligent (and that's why they are the boss??) and discerning, etc? Why can't they see through the insincerity?

I'm probably the exact opposite -- I tell the boss like it is, at least how I see it. And I think the current boss appreciates it -- I've had some that don't want to deal with reality laugh.gif

Having a good attitude and doing a good job are not the same thing as "kissing up," in my opinion. That's just what is supposed to be happening on a normal basis.

IMO
Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

20th Feb, 2004 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Kiss Butt Ok Is

What gets me is, how can the boss be so ignorant as to buy into all that fake flattery?? Aren't they supposed to be intelligent (and that's why they are the boss??) and discerning, etc? Why can't they see through the insincerity?

Intelligence is not the same as wisdom and what they lack is that wink.gif also, some bosses who may have a pretty low self esteem are grateful for some nice comments even thouugh they may know it is not necessarily true.

My boss is a nun and I have no problem whatsoever to tell things how they are really are, I don't buss kiss with anyone.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

20th Feb, 2004 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

Is It Ok To Butt Kiss?

laugh.gif My nose is as brwon as it gets!!! biggrin.gif I don't tell lies or give false or fake flattery, but I do "play the game." He is the boss. If I can word something in a manner that I know he wants to hear, I will. You get more flies with honey than vinegar. That's not to say we haven't had disagreements, some of them very vocal, but generally I recognize what side my bread is buttered on.

Here is an example of what I mean:

I am the IT Manager, my boss is the Director of Administration. When he started working here, he told my predecessor that he wanted a laptop. She refused his request. This was her brand new boss! I don't think that is too bright. He got the laptop anyway and eventually she was out of a job. When it was time for my boss to get a new laptop, I SPECed out all the choices and made a recommendation, but I let him choose what he wanted. When he asked if he could have a wireless mouse and wireless keyboard, I said "I work for you. You can have whatever you want, my budget is your budget." I ended up getting a wireless keyboard and mouse for myself, as well. wink.gif

I also tell him when I disagree with him or think he is wrong, but I don't see anything wrong with remembering that it is up to him if I keep my job or not and how much of a pay raise I get each year!

Edited by TenaHeff to change a statement that after thought I decided was inappropriate. Change is in bold italics. See, I even moderate myself smile.gif

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 21st Feb, 2004 - 12:13pm

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Apr, 2004 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

Is It Ok To Butt Kiss?
A Friend

Is Ok Butt Kiss

I believe that although a person is extra nice to their boss or, does something extra for him that he or she doesn't need to be rewarded. Although it is the boss's choice to whether or not you are rewarded, it is the person's choice to be nice. Some people are very shy, or are afraid of their boss and don't go out of their way to be nice. Also, doesn't anyone ever think about the fact performing random acts of kindness without reward is part of your everyday life?

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2005 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

Is It Ok To Butt Kiss?
A Friend

Is Ok Butt Kiss Politics Business Civil & History

I think a lot of times "sucking up" is misjudged. Growing up, I have always been labeled the teachers pet. For the most part, I have also usually gained a lot of favor with my supervisors when I worked. I try to be polite to everybody, but I do tend to go out of my way a little bit more when it's a person in charge. Not necessarily because I'm trying to get ahead, but because they're under a lot of extra pressure, and sometimes deserve a little bit more encouragement. I think people assume that just because you're being nice and polite to your boss that you're trying to get ahead.

Now, there are those people who do try to brown nose to the boss for the whole purpose of getting moved up in the status. Those people, in my opinion, deserve to be put on the back burner as opposed to those people who are doing well. A lot of times, though not always, somebody finds they are inefficient compared to somebody else, so in order to compensate for that, they suck up to try to get on their bosses good side. I, personally, don't like people sucking up to me. Usually when somebody tries to suck up to me, I tend to look at them harder and than somebody else.

The only problem is, we live in a greedy society.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Is It Ok To Butt Kiss?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,