Trinidad and Tobago Military

Trinidad Tobago Military - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 22nd Oct, 2011 - 6:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Do you feel safe? Trinidad and Tobago Regiment - Trinidad Military Forces
10th Feb, 2004 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

What do you think about the military / defense forces in Trinidad & Tobago? I was thinking, if we were at war with another country would you feel secured about your military? We certainly lack a good air and sea force which seems sad since we are islands afterall. Did you feel secure during the July 1990 Coup?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Feb, 2004 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Military Tobago Trinidad

I think the T&T govt. Should concentrate their military and police budgets on combating domestic crime which is spiraling out of control, and not waste it by building a substantial naval and air force on the off chance that those upstart Bajans start getting imperialistic ideas.

Besides, Trinidad is a major supplier of natural gas, ammonia and methonol to the USA. That makes yuo our friend. So if any of yuor neighbors become yuor enemy, they will also become our enemy, with the exception of Venezuela thou, because they're also our friend, a CLOSE friend

So don't worry about any foreign invaders. Uncle Sam will look afte.

11th Feb, 2004 - 3:28am / Post ID: #

Trinidad and Tobago Military Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

That is not what this thread is about. I am talking about the current state of the military. Improving air and naval forces does not mean preparing for an invasion, it means protecting our borders from pirates, drugs and illegal immigrants.

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2004 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Military Tobago Trinidad

Well, if we're talking about pirates and illegals blah, then YES, I dare say that the COAST GUARD could do with a few more patrol boats and the POLICE FORCE could well use a few helicopters

But in your opening post you said "if we were at war with another country" which suggests that you were talking about something more substantial, like a pre-owned aircraft carrier complete with a squadron of Mig fighter/bombers (incidentally, I know someone in Rio De Janeiro who's selling an aircraft carrier, HMS Vengeance, he's looking for offers in the region of 6 million US$, but apparently it will need another six mil spent on it to get it operational)

So do I think the Trini govt. Can afford to spend millions upon millions on that kind of hardware? well, looking at the amount of whining there's been over Manning asking for a small private jet for use on govt. Business (and it's not like he's asking for Air Force 1) then I would have to say no.

11th Feb, 2004 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

Military Tobago Trinidad

but in yuor opening post yuo said "if we were at war with another country" which suggests that yuo were talking about something more substantial, like a pre-owned aircraft carrier complete

Yes, but I guess being that I am from Trinidad I was not thinking in that context, also another Trini would know I am not referring to having an aircraft carrier, if we were in any kind of war it might be a skirmish and most likely would be from within as I suggested with the 1990 coup.

Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2011 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

Name: Rene

Comments: What is the salary of an entry soldier (private) in the Trinidad and Tobago regiment?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2011 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Tobago Military

Name: Matifa

Comments: Our military is improving very slowly. No way we could repel an invasion from a bigger country we can hardly control the citizens in our own country, look how crime is now.

> TOPIC: Trinidad and Tobago Military

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,