John Kerry - The Ultimate Democrat? - Page 3 of 7

I came upon this article and thought it was - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 30th Jul, 2004 - 10:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
If you are going to beat Bush then you have to come good, is Kerry up to the mark?
8th Jul, 2004 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

John Kerry - The Ultimate Democrat? - Page 3

What better way to win an election than to run with someone who was your closest opposition before - joining armies brings all the followers with it. More numbers means more votes and using the basis of 'A Government for the People' is going to get them far. Edwards is giving what Kerry does not have, but there is something that is also interesting here....

Nadar, a lawyer, anti-war, enviroment(ally) concerned person, who runs almost as an Independent is bring up good issues and also running for President. The democrats do not like this because they say he takes away the democrat's votes - in my mind that is silly - what are they saying - that Bush being removed from office is so important that anyone who would stop that should not run for office? It is still a free country isn't it? Funny enough the Republicans actually try to help Nadar run so that he can take away some democrat votes. laugh.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
8th Jul, 2004 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Democrat Ultimate - Kerry John

what are they saying - that Bush being removed from office is so important that anyone who would stop that should not run for office?

As a matter of fact there are some people who feel this way. They believe the Pres. Bush is so terrible that he must not be re-elected no matter who or what it takes to stop it. Doesn't matter who the other candidate is, as long as it isn't Bush.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2004 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

John Kerry - The Ultimate Democrat? History & Civil Business Politics

Will he be an absent President if elected?

EDWARDS 'RARELY PRESENT'

Despite his office being just across the hall from the Senate Judiciary Committee chambers, Sen. John Edwards has the worst attendance record of any committee member since he joined it three years ago.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...78450%2C00.html

20th Jul, 2004 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Democrat Ultimate - Kerry John

Well, I guess I have two conflicting thoughts about this. My first thought was, well the VP doesn't really do much anyway. They only vote as a tiebreaker. Other than that, I believe their duties are mostly diplomatic in nature.

However, my second thought is, what if he became President because something happened to Kerry. Wouldn't we want someone with a strong work ethic?

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2004 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Democrat Ultimate - Kerry John

Clinton for President? No, Wait, this is about Kerry, Right?

This year's political conventions, with all the attendant logistical madness of thousands of delegates and thousands more media, are even more complicated by the tightest security in history. The need for this security was made even more clear by Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge's warning earlier this month that Al Qaeda wants to strike in the U.S. and seeks to disrupt our democratic process.

And so a chunk of Boston surrounding the Fleet Center has been designated a secure zone, roped off from cars and non-credentialed pedestrians. Even without this week's security, traffic in Boston is legendary. My favorite description of what it's like driving in Boston, my hometown, comes from a comedian who recently said: "The last time anyone made it across that city in under two hours he was screaming :"The British are coming! The British are coming!"

Meanwhile into this carefully guarded political fortress, thousands of delegates, media and related workers must come and go. They will walk a gauntlet of security to get inside. Once there tonight, they will get a chance to see two stars of the Democratic party. No, not John Edwards and John Kerry - that's later in the week. Tonight will be a Clinton night - with both the former President and his wife, the junior senator from New York, taking the stage.
Ref. Sara Just and the Nightline Staff
Nightline Offices - ABC News Washington Bureau

28th Jul, 2004 - 9:11pm / Post ID: #

John Kerry - The Ultimate Democrat?

Kerry Reenacted War Scenes?

While a swift-boat commander in Vietnam, Sen. John Kerry filmed re-enactments of combat which Democrats plan to use in the official video introducing their presidential nominee tomorrow night in Boston

ref: https://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=39683

Apparently this is well known and yet is going to be used when Kerry is introduced to the Boston crowd tomorrow night at the Democratic Convention. One of his friends and advisors even had the audacity to state that Kerry
was thinking Camelot when he shot that film, absolutely

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Jul, 2004 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

John Kerry - Ultimate Democrat - Page 3

I am not sure if I'm going to vote this year. I know I want Bush out of office, but I don't like Kerry very much. I really don't think that Kerry would make a very good President. I can't point at any one thing and say that's why I don't like him, it's just a feeling I have about him. I simply don't trust him. As least with Bush we know that things will stay pretty much the same, and at least he can't run again. In order for Bush to be elected he will have to be very careful. People remember the fiasco in Florida during the last election. In my life I have noticed that it really doesn't matter who gets elected, none of them ever keep their promises. I think that Bush will stay in mainly because it's the devil you know that will be the deciding factor here.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 11 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.1%

30th Jul, 2004 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

John Kerry - Ultimate Democrat Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

I came upon this article and thought it was a good synopsis of John Kerry's speech at last night's Democratic National Convention.

ref: https://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial...nd_cheap_shots/

My personal opinion was that Kerry said a lot of things that sounded good, and really got his supporters pumped up, but when you really thought about it, his ideas are almost impossible.

We will add 40,000 active duty troops - not in Iraq, but to strengthen American forces that are now overstretched, overextended, and under pressure. We will double our special forces to conduct anti-terrorist operations. We will provide our troops with the newest weapons and technology to save their lives - and win the battle. And we will end the backdoor draft of National Guard and reservists

How?

Our health care plan for a stronger America cracks down on the waste, greed, and abuse in our health care system and will save families up to $1,000 a year on their premiums. You'll get to pick your own doctor - and patients and doctors, not insurance company bureaucrats, will make medical decisions. Under our plan, Medicare will negotiate lower drug prices for seniors. And all Americans will be able to buy less expensive prescription drugs from countries like Canada.

Again, how??

And our energy plan for a stronger America will invest in new technologies and alternative fuels and the cars of the future - so that no young American in uniform will ever be held hostage to our dependence on oil from the Middle East

I guess the assumption is that the recent war on Iraq was for purposes of oil only, even though there is no proof of this or of any profits being made because of it.

See full John Kerry speech transcript at:

https://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=39714

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: John Kerry - The Ultimate Democrat?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,