John Kerry - The Ultimate Democrat? - Page 4 of 7

I agree 100% with what MAlexander has said. - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Nov, 2004 - 9:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
If you are going to beat Bush then you have to come good, is Kerry up to the mark?
Post Date: 16th Aug, 2004 - 11:41am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

John Kerry - The Ultimate Democrat? - Page 4

I am amazed at how angry people are these days. There is a group out there called Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. They have launched an ad attacking John Kerry's service in Vietnam. They have paid to run the ad in only three states, figuring, quite correctly, that they would get lots of free coverage on news shows. Now there are some interesting things about this group. There are connections to the Republican Party, one of the veterans who had written a glowing assessment of Kerry back in Vietnam signed an affidavit attacking him, then sort of retracted that in a newspaper interview, and then apparently retracted the retraction.

Now I say people are angry because we have gotten a number of e-mails, starting the day the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth began their campaign, accusing us of all sorts of bias and worse for not investigating their claims. Whatever happened to patience? We wanted to investigate, but that takes a little time, but these days, unless there is some sort of instant response, it's clearly evidence of a conspiracy, or bias, or worse. Not sure what the "worse" is, but it seemed like a good way to end the sentence. I am increasingly convinced that we have lost something important in this country, and that's the capacity for honest disagreement. These days it's not enough that you have to prove the other person is wrong, you have to attack them and prove that they are a bad person for being wrong.
Ref. Leroy Sievers and the Nightline Staff - Nightline Offices

Sponsored Links:
24th Sep, 2004 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

Democrat Ultimate - Kerry John

In today's OpinionJournal, there is an excellent piece in "Best of the Web", a daily blog, about John Kerry. Actually there is quite a bit about Kerry, as the author has a lot of fun analyzing John Kerry's latest pronouncements.

It takes a superior intellect to untangle Kerry's disordered thoughts, but that doesn't mean Kerry's intellect is superior. Someone who can make complicated matters simple to understand is certainly more skilled, and arguably more intelligent, than someone who, like Kerry, gets bogged down in complexity. Intellectuals who admire Kerry's "nuance" are in truth misled by their own intellectual vanity.

Go to: https://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110005670, then scroll down to the section titled, "Simplicity Isn't Stupidity". Some very interesting notes in this section.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 5th Oct, 2004 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

John Kerry - The Ultimate Democrat? History & Civil Business Politics

John Kerry's Campaign Takes $ From Late-Term Abortion Practitioners

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- In a revelation that is causing a huge stir among pro-life advocates, three late-term abortion practitioners have made thousands of dollars of donations to the campaign of Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry. For those involved in the debate about partial-birth abortion, Martin Haskell's name is familiar. He is credited with inventing the grisly procedure that has been banned in dozens of states and by Congress. Haskell, and infamous late-term abortion practitioners Warren Hearn of Colorado and George Tiller of Kansas, have donated a total of $7,000 to the Kerry campaign. While that's not a huge sum compared with the millions top pro-abortion organizations are spending to oust President Bush, pro-life advocates say it's noteworthy that notorious men who perform abortions very late in pregnancy are willing to finance Kerry's campaign for president. "[T]hese contributions are worth scrutinizing because of what they reveal about John Kerry," says National Right to Life legislative director Douglas Johnson.
https://www.lifenews.com/nat844.html

Post Date: 12th Oct, 2004 - 6:21am / Post ID: #

John Kerry - The Ultimate Democrat?
A Friend

Page 4 Democrat Ultimate - Kerry John

I found this while I was surfing the net:

"Kerry Wrong for Mormons /Kerry Wrong For Catholics /Kerry Wrong For Evangelicals

Marriage Penalty

Kerry Voted Against Marriage Penalty Relief At Least 22 Times. 1

Sanctity Of Marriage

Kerry Was One Of Only 14 Senators To Vote Against 1996 Defense Of Marriage Act (DOMA), Which Banned Federal Recognition Of Gay Marriage And Same-Sex Partner Benefits. (H.R. 3396, CQ Vote #280: Passed 85-14: R 53-0; D 32-14, 9/10/96, Kerry Voted Nay) "

Read his entire voting record here: https://www.kerrywrongformormons.com/
I had to increase the font size so that I could read it. I am definitely NOT voting for Kerry!!!

If you want to verify anybody's voting record the long way, check out either https://www.senate.gov or https://www.house.gov or https://www.congress.org

12th Oct, 2004 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Democrat Ultimate - Kerry John

Thanks for the link and comments Agene. I myself cringe when Kerry professes to be a devout Catholic. I attend the Catholic church and know that to be a 'devout' there is no way you can condone abortion or gay unions. He uses the 'right to choose' slogan to explain why he goes beyond his faith to lobby for those two issues. This is a prime example of his conflicting opinions, within himself. If he is really a devout Catholic then deep down he would feel very strongly about abortion and gay unions. My opinion is that someone who runs for a government position should run on their beliefs and let the people decide whether they want him/her to represent them or not. I dont believe you should change your beliefs for public acceptance, because then you cannot truly represent those changed beliefs since they are not your own. This is a big reason why I cannot vote for Mr. Kerry come Nov 2.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

8th Nov, 2004 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

John Kerry - The Ultimate Democrat?

Maybe it is time to close this thread, or do you think we should keep it open in case anyone wants to talk about Kerry's further actions in office? There are two things I want to bring up here:

1. Did Kerry give up too quickly when he called Bush to concede the election?
2. What do you think about the following remarks from Shwarzenegger - was he really saying what he wanted to say?

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Two days after the Democrats took at drubbing at the polls across the country, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (search) referred to leaders of the state's majority party as "losers."
Ref. https://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_st...,137644,00.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Nov, 2004 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

John Kerry - Ultimate Democrat - Page 4

Kerry, unlike John Edwards, did not retire from his post in the Senate, while he ran his Presidential campaign, so he is returning to his job for at least 2 more years. It would be interesting to see what his battles are while in the Senate, and if they stay true to his presidential campaign. That is the only reason I would be interested in keeping this thread open.
As for Schwarzeneggers comments, it is not the first time he has made questionable ones, and it wont be the last. I wouldnt doubt for a minute that he was referring to Democrats in general as losers, because we all know how he feels about the Democratic party, even though he is married to a Kennedy.
I dont think John Kerry conceded too quickly; in fact I was hoping that he would have conceded sooner, just to show the American public that he was not going to drag them through another 2000 Bush-Gore litigation fiasco, and that he was willing to accept defeat, unlike Gore in 2000. I was happy that he did not contest the vote count legally, and I applaud him for realizing that he was defeated handily, especially when you take into consideration the sizeable lead that Bush got in the popular vote. I believe the American public made a statement loud and clear; that they wanted to stick with Bush for another 4 years.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

9th Nov, 2004 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

John Kerry - Ultimate Democrat Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

I agree 100% with what MAlexander has said. He definately didn't concede too early. In fact, after John Edward's statement about fighting until the end, I was wondering outloud if all democrats are poor losers. He clearly lost, and it wasn't really even close.

As far as Arnold's comments, I think he was making a point. The point being, "why should I listen to what those particular politicians want. They are democrats. The general public showed pretty clearly in several important elections that they are not really in line with traditional democrat policy. So, why would I care about what they think the policy should be." The democratic party really was a big loser in this years general election. Senate, house and presidential election. They took a beating.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: John Kerry - The Ultimate Democrat?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,