Perfect Pasta

Perfect Pasta - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 21st Feb, 2004 - 9:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Best of  Perfect Pasta How to cook pasta. Do you use oil? Do you bring it to a boil before adding pasta? Should you wait 5, 10 or 15 minutes for it to boil?
Post Date: 13th Feb, 2004 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

Perfect Pasta
A Friend

Perfect Pasta

Earlier this evening, I had my very first married argument with Mrs Key Boi. It was over the housekeeper Maria. First off, Maria threw out nearly $6k worth of my clothes. Two Zegna suits and various other kick-donkey going out clothes

Yes Maria, I know they were in a trash bag, but no maria, it wasn't garbajo, com-prendre senorita?

It was supposed to be sent to achnad the dry cleaner!

But worse was to follow, maria was cooking pasta for dinner, and I caught her adding a drop of olive oil to the pasta water

You never ever, add oil (Olive or otherwise) to pasta water

Salt only! For flavor! No oil!

Do Italian chefs add oil to the h20 when cooking pasta?
I don't think so

Fact! Italians don't add oil to boiling pasta water.

Oil in hair, yes. Oil in Ferrari, yes. Oil in pasta water, never!

100% owned!

Both maria and Mrs gave me an argument on this pasta oil issue

She has to go.... .. (Maria that is)
I will see to it that she is deported back to Venezuela by the end of next week

Been to Italy 9 times

Perfect Pasta
Perfect Pasta (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
14th Feb, 2004 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

Pasta Perfect

I prefer oil in my pasta rather than salt. Sorry! The oil helps keep it from sticking together. I do not believe it affects the flavor either. I don't add salt because it is not good for our health. We get enough salt in our food without adding it to water while cooking. If you want to add salt for flavor, add it after cooking. This way, you can add less for the same amount of flavor.

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2004 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

Perfect Pasta
A Friend

Perfect Pasta Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

So do I, olive oil as a matter of fact. By using oil, you don't have to rinse the pasta to keep it from sticking together. I also *shudder* break my spaghetti in half as I add it to the boiling water. BTW, the very Italian lady next door to me, not only adds oil (butter) to the water, she also puts a cube of butter on top of the pasta when she serves it. Butter, yummy ~ my kind of lady!

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2004 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

Perfect Pasta
A Friend

Pasta Perfect

I can't believe all the wimmin at home AND HERE are ganging up on the Car Key Boi over this pasta oil issue

NO OIL IN THE PASTA WATER! SALT ONLY!

AGene, that Italian lady that lives next door to yuo. Is she an Italian chef???

DIDN'T THINK SO

This myth of adding olive oil to pasta water was a scam dreamed up a long long time ago by some olive oil producer in order to boost sales. But they were dealing with GONZOS and not REAL Italian CHEFS who know better not to do such things

HINT: pasta is supposed to be sticky for good reason

If YUO, have a problem with da pasta sticking in da pot, then YUO=NEED A BIGGER POT (Stirring at regular intevals will also prevent da pasta sticking in da pot)

- Car Key Boi, thinking of hiring English housekeeper coz the English make the best servents / nothing beats hearing "Excellent choice, sir" in posh English accent / DIGTBK!

15th Feb, 2004 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

Pasta Perfect

CarKey, the problem isn't with the pasta sticking to the pot, it is sticking to each other after it is done cooking. For health purposes it is better to not add salt to the water while it is cooking. Better to add it after the cooking is finished, directly to the pasta. This way you can use less salt for the same flavor.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 15th Feb, 2004 - 8:47pm

Post Date: 16th Feb, 2004 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

Perfect Pasta
A Friend

Perfect Pasta

Yuo need to start using better brands of pasta

And I remind yuo, that pasta is SUPPOSED to be sticky. Reason for, so that the pasta sauce STICKS to da pasta. Like I said, real Italian chefs never add oil to the h20 for this reason. That is why pasta cooked by REAL Italian chefs tastes da bomb, and not like dangling donkey hairs that have been coated in big block Chevy engine lube

To settle this pasta oil issue once and for all, I now have in my hand a carton of Barilla (Italy's #1 PASTA BRAND)

INSTRUCTIONS ON BOX, (PER MANUFACTURER)

LARGE POT, BOILING WATER, SALT TO TASTE (TO TASTE! NO SCIENTIFIC OR NERD REASON... TO TASTE")

Absolutely nothing about adding no oil to da h2o

PEOPLE WHO ADD OIL TO H20=169% OWNED! BY ITALY. (ORIGIN OF SPAGHETTI)

Furthermore, I suspect yuo are either rinsing yuor pasta or overcooking it

REAL Italian CHEFS cook pasta "AL DENTE" which means that the pasta should be slightly crunchy on the inside when yuo bite into it with yuor incisor tooth. If yuor pasta is soft all the way through, then yuo've overcooked it

[By The Way], Maria has been reinstated, but only after I insisted that she undertook intensive retraining on the PROPER Italian way to cook pasta, which I will now recap on

1. ONLY USE TOP BRANDS OF PASTA
2. NO OIL EVER IN THE BOILING WATER.
3. USE A BIG POT WITH A LOT OF BOILING, SALTED H2O
4. COOK PASTA LEAVING SLIGHT CRUNCHY TEXTURE ON INSIDE KNOWN AS "AL DENTE"
5. NO RINSING OF PASTA IN COLD WATER EVER
6. IF USING CHEESE, GRATE IT FINELY AND ADD IT TO HOT PASTA AND TOSS WELL, (BEFORE SAUCING) THIS PREVENTS GLOPS OF CHEESE FROM FORMING AND GIVES THE SAUCE ADDED ADHESION.
7. THIS IS HOW THEY DO IT IN ITALY
8. D N T

- CAR KEY BOI,
INSANE POST MOVES, NOT A GAME YUO CAN WIN.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Feb, 2004 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

Perfect Pasta

Having Italian blood by mother's side, I have to say that you never add oil in the pasta! I never saw my grandmother doing it, it is like an insult! *laugh* you have to add only salt if you want but never oil, if the pasta is a pasta of good quality (And better homemade!) is not going to be mushy and all sticky. Second pasta always must be 'al dente' in my humble opinion, I hate to eat pasta that is so soft that melts in your mouth yuck!.

international QUOTE
Carkeyboi, the way you speak about your maid Maria really annoyed me, I'm Spanish myself and the way you sound it is very disrespectful and sarcastic, not to mention, insulting. I would appreciate if you could choose carefully the words you post. Thanks.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2004 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

Perfect Pasta
A Friend

Perfect Pasta Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

FINALLY! Someone here who knows how to cook pasta the proper Italian way which is NO OIL, SALT ONLY, DO TEST FOR AL DENTE CRUNCH WHILE COOKING.

Rather off topic, but...
don't worry about Maria, she's more than just a housekeeper, she's like family, even if I have been threatening to "Fire" her for nearly eight years now. Maria ain't no butt kisser like those mentioned in that "Is it ok to kiss the boss's butt?" thread when I talk crap to her, Maria returns my crap with interest, Do Never Test. Even Mrs Key Boi was shocked at first, but she's since learned that I'm actually rather fond of that crazy old woman

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Perfect Pasta

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,