Trinidad & Tobago Insurance

Trinidad Tobago Insurance - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 11th Jan, 2021 - 11:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Insurance And The Trinbagonian - Insurance Premium - Trinidad Insurance Agents - Agencies - Colonial Life - Algico - CLICO - Guardian Life
Post Date: 11th May, 2011 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I'm so happy to start this topic here since I know that I can look forward to some very sensible responses.
As an Insurance Agent in Trinidad and Tobago I have learnt some very startling things about Trinbagonians and their thoughts on insurance. Compared to my international clients, You literally have to coax Trinbagonians to purchase life insurance which, by the way, will be of more use to them than me! Foriegners seem to get the importance of protecting their loved ones through the acquisition of life insurance and I await the day that we in this country follow suit (since we seem to follow everything else that is being done abroad!) It seems that most the times I get enthusiastic clients coming in for life insurance is when they need it as a mortgage requirement which is really sad.
My question, therefore, is this: why do think Trinbagonians shy away from purchasing life insurance?
I think I'll start by saying that I believe this stems from the 'caveman culture' of selling insurance. Before I got into this profession and really understood the importance and functions of insurance, I never was interested in getting it. With the majority of 'hit and run' insurance agents who just look for a quick sale and move on to the next client, it's no wonder persons have two minds about why they should spend their hard earned money on life insurance. All in all, I think people need to be educated more on the importance of insurance and the many ways it can work for them.
What do you guys (and gals)think?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th May, 2011 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Insurance Tobago and Trinidad

Trinis don't think about those things. The only insurance they might get is car insurance and even that some fellas I know try to dodge that too. Life insurance if you have children is important unless you have a stash of cash or a home for them to fall back on.

Post Date: 11th May, 2011 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Trinidad & Tobago Insurance Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

That's so sad. So we slowly becoming an irresponsible society. But, even if you don't have children, life insurance is known to be a very potent tool for saving...the benefits are so wide. Thanks for your input!

17th May, 2011 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

Insurance in Trinidad & Tobago is very expensive for what they offer. I was told by an insurance agent that the price is based on a limited number of participating customers but in my mind I thought... Then why even have it, existing customers should not have to pay for a lack of interest. Health insurance is ridiculous... One company asks for more money per year to 'protect' my family than I spend in five years. Plus what they pay is only a percentage of the bill.

Rather off topic, but...
I am changing the title of this Thread so it can be more effectively found.

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2021 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Association of Trinidad and Tobago Insurance Companies (ATTIC) is hinting at an adjustment in insurance rates which it says comes as a result of several factors which have adversely affected local insurers. Source 7h.

11th Jan, 2021 - 11:49am / Post ID: #

Everything is going up and at the worst time ever when people have less money. I believe 2021 will be economically worst than 2020. If you think things was bad in 2020 then make sure you have some kind of insurance for 2021 because anything could happen!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago Insurance

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,