Huntsman Mormonism - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th Aug, 2011 - 12:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Huntsman Politics
Post Date: 12th May, 2011 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Huntsman & Mormonism

Huntsman & Mormonism

Is Huntsman distancing himself from LDS faith?

Instead, Huntsman headed to a nondenominational mega-church called Seacoast with a rising star congressman, Rep. Tim Scott, who could be a key supporter in this early primary state. The move, on top of comments Huntsman made last year about not being overly religious, raises questions about whether Huntsman, a former Utah governor, is distancing himself from his membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as he considers a potential White House bid. Ref. Source 1

Sponsored Links:
12th May, 2011 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Mormonism and Huntsman

Oh really? Another wannabe Mitt Romney? And Church members like to say these men are Mormons? Too funny. They should have a slogan that reads "I'm Mormon when is convenient". rolleyes.gif

Post Date: 13th May, 2011 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

Huntsman & Mormonism
A Friend

Huntsman & Mormonism Studies Doctrine Mormon

Todays article on KSL "Huntsman says his Mormon church membership is 'tough to define'" pretty much answers the debate for me whether you can count him as LDS or not. It looks like somewhere down the road he decided that it would be better for his political career to align himself more with the world & all religions rather than the LDS faith.

Post Date: 23rd May, 2011 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

Mormonism and Huntsman

Name: Gordon

Comments: This seems like a place that can confirm this without a sermon, is Huntsman a practicing Mormon?

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2011 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

Mormonism and Huntsman

Jon Huntsman Jr. Stands by his Mormon religion

"Mr. Huntsman is trying something different in GOP politics: a campaign based almost entirely on atmospherics. It is, in many ways, the political version of a Ralph Lauren product launch. "¦ The Huntsman approach borrows elements from two famous presidential campaigns, Ronald Reagan's in 1980 and Barack Obama's in 2008, while paying homage to techniques more typically used to sell iPads or Chevy trucks." Ref. Source 2

Huntsman & Mormonism
Huntsman & Mormonism (Hover)

21st Jul, 2011 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Huntsman & Mormonism

Positions of Jon Huntsman that diverge from Conservatism are:

-Support for civil unions.
-Expressed support for an individual healthcare mandate and then denial he ever supported it.
-A per capita spending increase of 10% per year as governor. But he was the best of all 50 governors in holding taxes down according the Cato Institute.
-Was deceived by the AGW hoax and signed the Western Climate Initiative.
-I get the impression he'll not keep China's feet to the fire.

Other than that, I don't know much about him. My perception is that, while he talks a good conservative game, he's more leftwing than Mitt Romney which is intolerable.

I have no problem with an LDS candidate distancing themselves from the Church if it's done properly. I don't think Jon Huntsman did it properly as it's up in the air as to whether or not he's actually LDS. I also expect an LDS candidate to hold positions that are close to doctrine else I judge them to be LDS in name only.

international QUOTE
"Mr. Huntsman is trying something different in GOP politics: a campaign based almost entirely on atmospherics. It is, in many ways, the political version of a Ralph Lauren product launch.

At the moment, his campaign web site doesn't appear to have any information on what he stands for and what policy decisions he would make. Most candidates are pretty light on specifics anyway but Huntsman literally has nothing for now. It is early in the season. Perhaps he feels like he has to test the waters to see how he can differentiate himself.

Reconcile Edited: bcspace on 21st Jul, 2011 - 2:14am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2011 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #

Huntsman & Mormonism

Jon Huntsman Jr.'s campaign manager resigns

The departure of Susie Wiles, a Florida operative who helped lay the groundwork for Huntsman's run, was billed by The New York Times as "the first serious sign of trouble" for his campaign. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2011 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

Huntsman & Mormonism Mormon Doctrine Studies

The Huntsman Rise

The Times reports that working in the Nixon administration afforded Jon Huntsman Sr. "a thick Rolodex and a deep understanding of politics. In the years that followed, as he became a billionaire industrialist, a philanthropist, a campaign donor and one of Utah's most powerful men, his connections and wealth proved critical in carving a path into politics for his namesake and eldest son." Ref. Source 9

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Huntsman & Mormonism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,