Most Asked Teen Questions: Matq(faq)

Most Asked Teen Questions Matq Faq - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 18th Feb, 2004 - 5:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 16th Feb, 2004 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

Most Asked Teen Questions:  Matq(faq)
A Friend

Most Asked Teen Questions: Matq(faq)

1.Is it wrong for someone over 18 to have sex with someone under 18?

Its a law in most states. It can get the adult in trouble. Its called rape

2. Can I get pregnant?

If your a girl and have had your first period, then yes anytime after your first period you can get pregnant. There are days you are less likely to get pregnant but you still can. Now Doctors are finding out some girls can get pregnant at 12 and 13 and haven't had there period. Girls who are real little and don't eat enough can effect there period. < Doctors have said it.

3. Can condoms break?

Yes, thats why if your going to have sex its better to be on the pill (girls) and use a condom (guys). Be safe! 2 is better then 1 type of safety.

4. Should I tell my parents I am having or thinking about having sex?

You should but all parents are different. You should because you may need to go to the doctor (mainly girls). Girls could get the pill and in some states if you are under 18 you need your parents to agree. If you get pregnant its better if they knew you was having sex, it makes it easier to tell them. Like I said all parents are different you know if you should or not.

5. Chatting online. Should I meet the guy or girl?

NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! You can be anyone online. People who lie love the Internet. Its dangerous and not right don't ever meet someone you just know from the Internet. a 16 year old guy online could be a 61 year of man.

6. Should I get an abortion?

People will debate over that until the end of time. Its up to you. Do you think its right? Some say its murder and some think its OK. You pick what side your on. [b/]

7. I think i like this guy (or girl) how do I tell them?

[b]Talk. Start with being friends and see how that goods. You could end up friends and learn the guy or girl isn't your type. Or you could learn you do like his or her and you could learn they like you. Talk.

8. If a guy flirts does that mean he likes me?

Not really. Some guys flirt with any girl its just joking and playing. Watch him does he flirts with a lot of girls or just you.

9. He or she goes to a different school then me. How can we make it work?

School is only 5 days a week you still got weekends and after school. Talk online or on the phone or have study time where you study together and hang on weekends. School is a average of 35 hours a week. Sounds like a lot but it isn't. Summer time school breaks snow days there is a lot of days with no school. It can work.

10. I don't want to have sex but my boy/girl friend does?

Don't do it, Its better if you want to and they want to. Know one should be talked into it. thats not a good people and how can they care about you if they don't

Do you agree with me or not?

Sponsored Links:
16th Feb, 2004 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

faq Matq Questions Teen Asked Most

First of all I do not know if I like this topic, but I will 'entertain' it for now and see what the other moderators think. As for 'if' I agree with you or not... I do not know if it is a matter of agreement per sey. Here are my thoughts and then you can 'see' if I am in agreement:

1. Sexual relations outside of marriage will be painful for all parties in the long run, especially if babies come from it.
2. Young girls and boys need to study books and not sex.
3. Young girls and boys need to turn off the TV and radio a little more often.
4. Many of the parents out there (especially Fathers) need a good kick in the butt for allowing their children to run astray.

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2004 - 3:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Most Asked Teen Questions: Matq(faq) Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

@JB this is a great post, this will be very useful. Just a couple things I thought I'd bring up:

"Its a law in most states. It can get the adult in trouble. Its called rape"

It's a law in all states/countries to the best of my knowledge, but it's called statutory (sp?) rape, which is much less serious, assuming the sex was consensual. Unless the underaged person was a child, the adult can go to prison for it, but it won't necessarily ruin his life like the long sentences violent rapists serve (and deserve). Personally I think it's sad on SOME occasions when, say, a 19 and 17 year old couple have sex consensually and it's seen as a crime... is that really justifiable? The idea of the law is to protect people that might agree to sex when one of them doesn't understand the consequences well enough to make an informed decision, but it doesn't always work out that way, in my opinion.

"If your a girl and have had your first period, then yes anytime after your first period you can get pregnant." 

On rare occasion, you can get pregnant shortly before your first period... the period marks the end of a fertile length of time during which an egg can be fertilized, so every woman has one fertile length of time prior to her first period. Getting pregnant then would usually only happen after a rape, but it's worth knowing.

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2004 - 4:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

QUOTE (xtrasweetgirl @ 16-Feb 04, 7:47 PM)
the adult can go to prison for it, but it won't necessarily ruin his life

Yes it most certainly will ruin his life. A prison sentence stays on your record for LIFE. Statutory rape is still rape! You think that just because it wasn't physically forced that it was consensual. 9 times out of 10 the act was verbally and emotionally coerced.
which is much less serious,

It is just as serious as forced rape. IF not more so. Emotional, verbal and mental abuse/rape leaves no outward marks.

And YES a person can be raped verbally. Without the perpetrator even touching her/him. Without even being in the same room. And it is impossible to take to court, press charges. Where is the evidence??? Yet the damage has been done, and the scars remain for a lifetime.

Personally I think it's sad on SOME occasions when, say, a 19 and 17 year old couple have sex consensually and it's seen as a crime

If I remember correctly, the oldest age regarding statutory rape is 16. So in this scenario, the couple are considered adults.

Both you and Very have completely ignored the very high possibility of the transmission of diseases. Plus the fact that most teenagers do not have the emotional maturity to handle such a mature act.

Do you agree with me or not?

For the most part, Not.

Here is dictionary.com definition of consensual:
Of or expressing a consensus: a consensual decision.
Law. Existing or entered into by mutual consent without formalization by document or ceremony: a consensual marriage; a consensual contract.
Involving the willing participation of both or all parties, especially in an illegal transaction or practice: the consensual crimes of prostitution, drug abuse, and illegal gambling.

Italics and underling added for emphasis.

18th Feb, 2004 - 5:09am / Post ID: #

The most troubling thing about this thread, in my opinion, is the almost casual way this subject is dealt with -- as if it is absolutely normal and okay for someone as young as 12 and 13 to be having sexual relations.

Let me stress to you that this is not normal!! this is NOT okay!!

Worse than having a child while you are still a child, worse than sexually transmitted diseases, maybe even worse than abortion, is the everlasting-as-long-as-you-live effects of not understanding the concept of intimacy.

Performing the physical act of sex while you are still a child and not understanding anything about it will ruin you for life.

Having sex does not make you an adult.
Having sex does not mean you are loved.
Having sex does not make you cool, bring you respect, or increase your self-esteem.

Please, my dear ones.... don't do it. Keep your body and your mind and your spirit clean and pure.

Waiting until you are old enough to understand sexual relations and intimacy will bring you respect, increase your self-esteem, strengthen you spiritually, and help you to be happier in your life now and later.

This is not just "in my opinion." This is the voice of experience talking.

Roz

> TOPIC: Most Asked Teen Questions: Matq(faq)

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,