People That Survived In History

People Survived History - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 29th Jan, 2005 - 3:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th Feb, 2004 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

Here is another way of looking at the art of survival... which people would you say have proven themselves to be the best survivalists in history? Now I am not just referring to what they have accomplished, but also the conditions under which they have done it. An example of this would be the Eskimos, they braved the arctic temperatures for centuries or the many Ethiopian tribes that survived famine, drought, and great heat. What about the Jews, they were driven here and there and ended up having a mini-empire. Whom really survived and proved themselves the best survivalist in history?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jan, 2005 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

History Survived People

The first thing this topic made me think of is the movie "Alive," which is the true story of a group of rugby players, their friends, and families. In 1972, they left on an airplane for Chile from Uruguay. The plane crashed into the snow-covered Andes Mountains killing thirteen of the forty-five passengers onboard the aircraft. Many of the passengers died over the weeks from crash-related injuries. Dealing with the elements of the weather also made things very difficult. Without any provisions, those left alive resorted to cannibalizing the dead. Those who refused to eat the human flesh died of starvation. After seventy days in the mountains, sixteen survivors were rescued and taken home. Their story to me is one of doing absolutely anything in order to survive. Many people have judged their actions, but whether we find their actions grotesque or not, right or wrong, they are still alive today. Their determination and will to survive makes them some of the best survivalists in history, in my opinion.

Resource: https://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/.../3.html?sect=19

> TOPIC: People That Survived In History

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,