Your Child's Blue Blanket

Your Child' S Blue Blanket - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 3rd May, 2006 - 8:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

17th Feb, 2004 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

Is there a toy or object that your child uses a lot as a security object? WHat is it and how did she adapt it as her own? If you would like to share your little secret too feel free (what was your security object?) smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Feb, 2004 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Blanket Blue Childs Your

My security object was a receiving blanket. I can't even remember what color it was. I had that poor thing until I was 9 years old. The satin blanket edging had been replaced three times. Mom had to wash it when I was in school, and when I got home if it wasn't where I had left it, I would dash outside to the clothes line and grab it down, dry or not.

I sucked my thumb, and I had to, HAD TO, have my Blankie. Couldn't suck my thumb with-out it. Sometimes though if I was wrapped up in it, and was sitting on Mom or Dad's lap, I would grab a chunk of their shirt or dress and substitute it. I would take the satin part, fold it till I had a crease and then 'tickle' my nose and upper lip with it. When I substituted Dads shirt, I smelled the shirt. Just loved the way Dad smelled. Bay Rum & Glycerin Aftershave, pipe tobacco, and clean body.

The reason I quit at 9 was because we moved closer to the ocean and my sinus's got so stuffed up I couldn't breathe through my nose, thus the thumb had to go or I would have suffocated!! undecided.gif

20th Feb, 2004 - 6:03am / Post ID: #

Your Child's Blue Blanket Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I don't recall having a security blanket, but I did have an imaginary bird that lived down my shirt until I was about 6. Once my sister "grabbed" the bird from my finger and threw it outside. I made such a fuss about it, my mother made her "go get it" for me smile.gif

Neither one of my kids had any "outside" security objects -- both were very attached to *me*, though smile.gif

Roz

20th Feb, 2004 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

Blanket Blue Childs Your

I don't recall having a security blanket, but I did have an imaginary bird that lived down my shirt until I was about 6. Once my sister "grabbed" the bird from my finger and threw it outside. I made such a fuss about it, my mother made her "go get it" for me

laugh.gif I have never heard something like that before!!!

Neither one of my kids had any "outside" security objects -- both were very attached to *me*, though

laugh.gif same here, my son is very attached to me.

I don't recall having any security object...hmmmm no no no wait a minute...yes my pink bottle! I used to walk all over the house with that bottle hunging on my mouth until my mom told me it was lost I started crying and she asked me to help her out to look for it, and of course we could not find it because she hidded it , I was like around 3 years or more!. When I was around 10 years, I remember finding it and showing to my mom and say 'Hey mom, I found my pink bottle!'. She laughed a lot.

3rd May, 2006 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

Blanket Blue Childs Your

I didn't have a security blanket, I don't think they were that well known when I was little, at least where I lived.
I did however have a teddy bear that went everywhere with me, I called him Timmy.
On almost every photo of me when I was younger, I am there with Timmy, I couldn't go to sleep without him!
As he grew more used and worn out, he had a new layer put over him to hold him together.The last layer was knitted by my Grandma, so he is now probably twice his original length and size. (and no, I don't sleep with him now) laugh.gif
He sits on a shelf in my bedroom.

3rd May, 2006 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

My daughter had a Winnie the Pooh blanket that she carried around everywhere until she was at least 8 or 9 years old. I mean, if she had to sleep over at someone's house, or if we went on vacation, the blanket had to come with her. Also, everytime we took a car trip, she brought it along. I thought she would have never given it up, but she did. Well sort of. She still has it in her bed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Your Child's Blue Blanket

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,