The Passion Of The Christ - Page 3 of 8

Tena, wow, I'm very surprised to hear - Page 3 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 3rd Mar, 2004 - 3:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »
Top  The Passion Christ 2000s This movie has spread so much controversy that one has to wonder if it is doing any good for those who watch. Was Mel Gibson trying to convert anyone? Was this merely a story of the pain and suffering of Jesus? Did you think it was too violent?
28th Feb, 2004 - 7:08pm / Post ID: #

The Passion Of The Christ - Page 3

"The brethren as they reviewed it said we don't want to focus on that. We don't want to shock people in to believing in Christ," says LDS Educator & Author Cliff Rhoades."

https://www.localnews8.com/home/654272.html

Sponsored Links:
1st Mar, 2004 - 12:50am / Post ID: #

Christ The Passion The

Here's another quote as a response to the previous letter:

Quote:
I respectfully disagree with Mr. David H. Sheen. I think we can not ignore the pain and suffering Jesus went through FOR ALL OF US!

Does it hurt to see Jesus, our savior, in this light? Yes it does, but
perhaps for the first time millions of people all over the world will
realize just how high the price was that Jesus paid for our sins.

Dying for others is actually easy. I'd jump in front of a bullet to save a
loved one's life without thinking twice. Would I suffer for hours, for
three days, or for three years? THAT is a much more difficult question to
answer.

Let's not EVER forget: Jesus SUFFERED, died, suffered three days in Hell,
and then rose from the dead so that our sins may be forgiven. Jesus died willingly, but don't forget that he also SUFFERED WILLINGLY as part of the price to save us from our sins. NEVER FORGET THIS.

Doug Knoerr
Appleton, WI.
End Quote
================================================
Used by express permission of the author 2/29/2004

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 1st Mar, 2004 - 12:54am

1st Mar, 2004 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

The Passion Of The Christ Sports & Fashion Music Movies

The interesting thing about the movie reviews so far is this...

No one is treating this as a film, but as the scriptures, as though it is supposed to someone how guarantee some aspect of spiritual renewal?

It would be good to see what people actually thought about the acting, the costumes, the sound, etc... if it wasn't about Jesus would it have been worth seeing? Or has the main character overshadowed the movie to the point that we become blinded by the story we remember from the Children's Bible?

2nd Mar, 2004 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Christ The Passion The

Well, I am going to see the movie tomorrow night with my son. I have already purchased the tickets on-line.

I think you don't get much word about the acting and clothing,etc., because the movie is so graphically violent, and makes such an impression on you based upon the Savior's suffering, that no one really makes note of the other stuff.

I had hoped someone else on this forum would see it first, and then report back their experiences, but that didn't happen. Well, I will let you know what I think Thursday.

2nd Mar, 2004 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

Christ The Passion The

Wow, I am sorry I did not see first but you know, I am on a tiny island that moves a bit slow in this area. Oh well I will be excited to hear your report.

2nd Mar, 2004 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

The Passion Of The Christ

JB, I understand why you didn't see it yet, but how about all those other people in the US that were so looking forward to this movie? Here I have spent the last few weeks saying I didn't plan to see it because of it's R rating, and it turns out I might be the first of the group to do so. smile.gif

I was hoping to let someone else be the first and let me know if it was a good idea to see it or not. I tried the same tactic at work, but no one here has seen it yet either. They are all waiting to see what I have to say, though as well. I will be brave! I am worried though because I don't do well with graphic violence. We will see. undecided.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2004 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

The Passion Of The Christ
A Friend

The Passion The Christ - Page 3

Tenaheff

I know of someone who has seen it and she is a member of the LDS church. She said she felt a deeper closeness and understanding of the atonement and sacrifice of Jesus. What he suffered etc. However, as I talked with her I had a sense of a kind of devotion inspired by the intense graphics rather than anything spiritually substanstial. I personally feel that if there is a chance that the scenes in a particular movie (or other entertainment) will leave unwelcome images in my mind I would rather not participate. But then, I don't watch television either. I listen to the radio sparingly. I was recently quite shocked when waiting for an appointment in a nail salon the radio was on and the vulgarity of the announcers was horrendous! I got up to walk out and said I would call for another appointment. At this time my technician came out and asked why I was leaving I told her and she immediately changed the "music" to a CD. However, the damage was done those moments are still popping into my head. It will take time to "erase" them. That is the part I truly don't like, the time to clear my mind of something I consider not to be acceptable. I think perhaps I would walk out during this movie as well.
granny7

3rd Mar, 2004 - 3:35am / Post ID: #

The Passion The Christ Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 3

Tena, wow, I'm very surprised to hear you're going to see the movie. I will wait for a full report on Thursday smile.gif but please do not give details of the movie because I want to go and see it. Thanks.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: The Passion Of The Christ

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,