The Passion Of The Christ - Page 4 of 8

I think it was a great movie. Judging it by - Page 4 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 28th Mar, 2004 - 7:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Top  The Passion Christ 2000s This movie has spread so much controversy that one has to wonder if it is doing any good for those who watch. Was Mel Gibson trying to convert anyone? Was this merely a story of the pain and suffering of Jesus? Did you think it was too violent?
Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2004 - 5:24am / Post ID: #

The Passion Of The Christ
A Friend

The Passion Of The Christ - Page 4

I haven't been able to get in to see it. The closest place it is playing near me is 35 miles from here. Instead of going last Saturday, I went to the Temple instead. Maybe this weekend I'll be able to go AND get in.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Mar, 2004 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

Christ The Passion The

I bought my tickets on-line in advance. Maybe your theater has this option. I went to https://www.movietickets.com/ to purchase mine. There are other sites as well.

4th Mar, 2004 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

The Passion Of The Christ Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Well, I saw this movie last night and I don't really know what to say. People at work have been asking me what I think and I really don't know. I wasn't all that affected by it, or at least I don't think I was, but then as I think about it more, maybe I was. I don't know. I know I didn't cry or feel like I had any better sense of what he went through. To me it was just a movie. A gory one at that. Yet, it seems others were more affected. When I left the theater, most of the people were still in their seats so I guess they were impacted somehow.

So, for specifics of what I felt, read on:

First, I think the flogging or beating went on too long. I think it was over the top. I don't believe anyone could have been beaten to that extent and then managed to walk to their crucifixion. There was not a spot on his body that wasn't bloodied by this beating. He was one big blob of drying, blood. It was gross. They showed his blood splattering on the soldiers as they were beating him. I don't see how that was meant to increase my sense of what he went through.

The most difficult thing for me was the part of the movie where they are nailing him to the cross. I didn't watch it but I couldn't escape the sounds. It was horrifying. The sound of the hammers striking the spikes and then the sounds of the bones and cartilage breaking. It wasn't quick either. This went on for a while. I cringed with each blow of the hammer, which is exactly what Mel Gibson was trying to make happen, so he did a good job with it. It was definately awful.

As far as an opinion on if it is worth seeing. I can't really tell you. I still don't know. I don't think I got any benefit from it, but I can't argue that many others have. Perhaps those of you on this forum who chose to go will be among the group that is impacted positively by this movie.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 4th Mar, 2004 - 9:34pm

4th Mar, 2004 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Christ The Passion The

Thanks for the review. I will see it when it gets here. I do know that there are some here (in Trinidad) that are so primative of mind that maybe something like this will help them to wake up for their light minded state.

4th Mar, 2004 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

Christ The Passion The

Good point JB. I think a lot of people don't really think about the horror of crucifixion. It is just something they hear of that Christ did. They don't have a good sense of just how awful it was. This movie will definately change that. No doubt about it.

4th Mar, 2004 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

Thanks for the review Tena. I would like to see it, I saw a little preview on the internet. There is no way we can know the suffering of Jesus prior and after the crucifixion, we have the Gospels that talk about it...but really there is no way we can know his suffering. Therefore, what we could see in the movie is just that, a movie, we could imagine Jesus's suffering but we cannot know for sure.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Mar, 2004 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

The Passion The Christ - Page 4

I just saw this... this is my opinion and review on three levels... LDS, as a spiritual theme and as a movie of itself...

First... as a movie I thought it was well done, the acting was tremendous and the fact the actors had to speak in a tongue other than their own was also impressive. Costumes, lines, sound and backgrounds were all up to mark. Congrats to Mel.

As a spiritual theme with a teaching... lots could be learnt here. I especially loved the connection between Mother and Son. That scene where Mary listens to the breath of Jesus beneath the Temple is marvellous, such simple things like that always touch me, even if they are not directly related to scripture. Well, let's see, can anything be learnt from a person that does not know the story of Christ? I think they can, but not much, I think to have a proper understanding of the film you would have to know the life of Christ, at the very least, familiar with the story. So a non-Christian would probably have to do some investigation. I like how Satan was handled, especially in the beginning - very good.

As for the LDS view point. I honestly do not know what the hub-bub was about with regards to the violent scenes. Yes, some were a bit graphic, but no more so than any typical movie made today. Yes, there were some parts that were not LDS related, but then if you went expecting that you were just fooling yourself. To me the movie is great and in many ways it reminded me of the Lamb of God. There are those, and they know who they are, that may get something from this... I think it may be positive.

I have lots to say really and I will return and post more.

The Passion Of The Christ (Hover)

28th Mar, 2004 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

The Passion The Christ Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 4

I think it was a great movie. Judging it by the quality itself, it was excellent, the actors (specially the ones portraiting Jesus, Peter, Judas and Mary) were awesome!. The violence portrait is nothing in my opinion compared to those that we see in movies on TV!. The only part that I cried was seeing Mary suffering and remembering Jesus as a child, it was a very emotional part.
It was a very catholic view but some parts it reminded me so much to the movie The Lamb of God produced by the Church.
What I didn't like? hmmm let me think. I think that the viewer may miss to be in deepest on the movie when they're constantly hitting Jesus, in more than one moment I lost focus in the sense that I knew I was watching a movie (and you don't want that happen when you are seeing a movie!) you want to be inside the movie and I think Gibson's work in that part was not very good to me. Other than, it was excellent. Not to mention I'm very glad that movies about the Saviour are attracting so many people. I will rated A, for acting, production, direction, and script and -A for content.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: The Passion Of The Christ

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,