The Passion Of The Christ - Page 5 of 8

From what I heard of these occurences, I would - Page 5 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 27th Aug, 2004 - 3:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Top  The Passion Christ 2000s This movie has spread so much controversy that one has to wonder if it is doing any good for those who watch. Was Mel Gibson trying to convert anyone? Was this merely a story of the pain and suffering of Jesus? Did you think it was too violent?
29th Mar, 2004 - 12:21pm / Post ID: #

The Passion Of The Christ - Page 5

The Roman soldiers constantly hitting Jesus on the way to Calvary I thought was a bit much, but unlike many depictions of Christ there is little emphasis on just how difficult it must have been to carry the cross, especially after being 'tortured' in the night, early in the morning into the afternoon for hours and then to take up a 'tree' on your shoulder.

For me 'Jesus of Nazareth' is still the best film about Christ.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2004 - 5:39am / Post ID: #

The Passion Of The Christ
A Friend

Christ The Passion The

I seen the movie. I thouhgt it was very well done from a movie perspective. Like mentioned, the acting and costumes where on the money and for the actors to learn Aramaic and Latin, well.. thats very impressive.

I think for somone that does not know the Bible (atlease altittle), this movie will leave them alittle. You have to know about the characters roles to understand. Most people know about Jesus, religious or not. But as for the man that was always with Mary (i'll asume it was John) and Mary of Magdalene, i could see people not understanding this. With out the 15 sec clip towards the end you could only guess it was Mary of Magdalene and not knowing John was always by his side, you could have thouhgt it was just some guy. With out know who Pontius Pilot, i think people could have been like, "Whos that ?".

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 28-Mar 04, 7:53 PM)
The only part that I cried was seeing Mary suffering and remembering Jesus as a child, it was a very emotional part.

When she had the flash back ? I also found that seen very very touching. And the connection when she lisened through the floor was insightfull.

Not being religious myself, i still do not think a movie can illustrated Jesus's sufferning. I personly do not think the physical sufferning is what hurt him and cant be expressed in a movie. I think the actor did a fabulous job expressing his emotional disappear (for the lack of a word) he felt for the poeple through out the whole movie, from the time in the temple to the walk up the mountain and while hangin on the cross.

Thow not scripture, i thouhgt the opening sceen with the snake was very creative and a nice twist the Gibson added. (i dont wnat to give anything away).

I also thouhgt it was cool Gibson inclued the women (sorry, dont know her name) placing the Sudarium over Jeuse face. I did think the sceen where the Roman soldier picked the man form the crowd, that later said STOP betting Jesus or i will not help him carry the cross was alittle silly. Sorry but they would have killed that guy and picked another one form the crowd.

All an all, i realy dont see what all the rucuse was about. I htink Gibson did a very good job for the most part, some sceens where dragged out alittle to me, but he inclued some good details and that brought the indeepthness to the movie. It was a movie and they had to moviez it; thats why i didnt comment about the violence. As with the Anti-Semitism, thats how the Bible was writen. It was the Jews choice and they decided to let the muder go and crucified Jesus. Im not excusing myself form this, but i think poeople just needed somthing to complain about.

4th Apr, 2004 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

The Passion Of The Christ Sports & Fashion Music Movies

When she had the flash back ? I also found that seen very very touching. And the connection when she lisened through the floor was insightfull

I shead a tear in both parts. Specially when she had the flash back, it was so touching that as a mother myself and knowing how much I love my son, I can only imagine the pain she went through seeing his son's suffering.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2004 - 4:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 Christ The Passion The

I finally got to see The Passion. It was great. It was gory, but I have seen worse blood and gore.

I have a deeper appreciation of the love He has for us all, that he went through all that and more for us.

What totally surprised me were my theater-mates. I went to the matinee showing today, and the place was nearly filled with senior citizens. There were about 8 young adults too. I waited to leave because I wanted to see the reactions of the people. NOT one tear stained face on any of the senior citizens. The young adults were all red and blotchy faced and they had sopping handkerchiefs, just like me.

I went alone and when I got there, there was one of the Sisters from my branch, so we sat together. We held hands, cried and sobbed together.

If I have an opportunity to see it again, I will go.

Reconcile Edited: AGene on 6th Apr, 2004 - 4:44am

27th Aug, 2004 - 12:54am / Post ID: #

Christ The Passion The

LDS brought this up before, but no one really touched on it. Please allow me to do so now. When people first heard about the Mel Gibson film there were very negative reviews and most accused him of not being accurate then this happens - not ONCE, but TWICE:

Actor Jim Caviezel has been struck by lightning while playing Jesus in Mel Gibson's controversial film The Passion Of Christ. The lightning bolt hit Caviezel and the film's assistant director Jan Michelini while they were filming in a remote location a few hours from Rome. It was the second time Michelini had been hit by lightning during the shoot. Neither of them was badly hurt, according to the film's producer Steve McEveety. Michelini had previously been struck during filming in Matera, Italy, when he suffered light burns to his fingers after lightning hit his umbrella.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/3209223.stm

Question is... was this an Omen from God at his displeasure of His Son being portrayed in such a manner, Retribution from Satan at a vintage work of art or just a phenomenal occurence?

27th Aug, 2004 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

Just coincidence, in my opinion. If God really didn't want it made, do you think a couple of lightning strikes would be enough to show his displeasure?

Perhaps there was just a lot of energy on the scene, from many sources, that attracted the lightning.

Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Aug, 2004 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

The Passion The Christ - Page 5

If God really didn't want it made, do you think a couple of lightning strikes would be enough to show his displeasure?

Well you are considering the movie as a whole, but what about His displeasure with the actor. Afterall, it did not say lightning hit the movie set... it hit the same actor twice and both times while involved in the movie. In other words, he was not just walking back to his hotel.

27th Aug, 2004 - 3:22am / Post ID: #

The Passion The Christ Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 5

From what I heard of these occurences, I would have to believe they were coincidental. They happened on the top of a mountain when they were shooting the cross scenes, and the one time Jim was struck, he was on the cross, with a metal wreath on his head.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: The Passion Of The Christ

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,