The Passion Of The Christ - Page 6 of 8

What really got me about this movie was the - Page 6 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 16th Apr, 2006 - 12:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Top  The Passion Christ 2000s This movie has spread so much controversy that one has to wonder if it is doing any good for those who watch. Was Mel Gibson trying to convert anyone? Was this merely a story of the pain and suffering of Jesus? Did you think it was too violent?
27th Aug, 2004 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

The Passion Of The Christ - Page 6

I am sure it was painful for him and added strain to the already uncomfortable positions I am sure he had to endure while creating the movie.

Sponsored Links:
27th Aug, 2004 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #

Christ The Passion The

Well, I don't think it was God, but it could have been Satan. I don't believe God will interfere in such a way. Even if he isn't pleased with what we are doing, he lets us do it. Otherwise, there would be no crime in the world.

Now, Satan, on the other hand...

27th Aug, 2004 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

The Passion Of The Christ Sports & Fashion Music Movies

So you think Satan was most likely angry about the movie being made? You considered that he has power to control lightning?

27th May, 2005 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Christ The Passion The

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 27-Aug 04, 9:40 AM)
So you think Satan was most likely angry about the movie being made? You considered that he has power to control lightning?

I think not!

When it comes to the movie, I think Gibson's main goal was to make us "feel" the intensity of the pain Jesus suffered. Sure, the MEANS he used are disputable/controversial (in some moments I thought he made Jesus look like Rocky - I apologize for the blasphemy), but I think everyone agrees that, in terms of emotions, the result is impressive.

27th May, 2005 - 10:11pm / Post ID: #

Christ The Passion The

RaulDrake:  I thought he made Jesus look like Rocky - I apologize for the blasphemy)

I am not sure what you mean by that comparison, please expand.

27th May, 2005 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

The Passion Of The Christ

Rocky - Stallone - the boxer - at the end of the movie his face was full of blood (when he was crying for his wife)... so was Jesus in Gibson's movie.

Reconcile Edited: RaulDrake on 27th May, 2005 - 10:55pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Apr, 2006 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

The Passion The Christ - Page 6

For those of you who are interested, The Passion of the Christ will be aired tonight uncut on Showtime at 9 EST. I plan on watching this with my family.

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2006 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

The Passion Of The Christ
A Friend

The Passion The Christ Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 6

What really got me about this movie was the sheer brutality of it. If you think about it, this tragedy is much worse than Jesus execution. For a while, people who stood against the state were crucified to different degrees, nearly 75 a day by some peoples estimates. Can you imagine that happening to 75 people a day for so many years? I know the movie is about one mans sacrifice, so I want to comment on it a little further.

Growing up in the church, I was rather disturbed by the movie. The gospels give precious few scripture regarding his death comparatively. The movie focused on his death rather than the message he brought. His message of love towards each other crosses religion boundaries to be relevant to even agnostics such as myself, yet he played the death card. That is to say he focused on the most emotional part, not necessarily the most important part. That is to say, it didn't even focus as much on his death as it did the torture leading up to his death. The majority of the movie is placed there ignoring most of his teachings and spending less time with the story of his resurrection which would be decidedly more important than any torture incurred.

Perhaps I am being to critical, but I feel I have to since it was used as a "witnessing" tool to get people "saved". I thought if you are wanting to win someone over, he took the easier road of emotionalism as opposed to the meat of what christianity is about which is the actual resurrection and not necessarily his suffering. Remember, what he suffered was not unique, in fact, it was very common in that era. The significance was that it was unjust because he was innocent and he supposedly did it on his own accord for us.

+  « First of 8 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: The Passion Of The Christ

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,