Mormon Witness To Something Bad

Mormon Witness Bad - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Apr, 2004 - 1:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
5th Apr, 2004 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

Suppose you saw or knew for a fact one member had/was commiting a grave sin such as adultery with another member, but you noticed that these two members operated in Church as though everything were normal (giving talks, teaching, etc)... What would you do?

Sponsored Links:
5th Apr, 2004 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

Bad To Witness Mormon

what would you do?

I would call both of them apart and I would confront them and tell them what I saw and know. I would tell them to talk with the Branch President and depending on their reaction, I would make my next move.

6th Apr, 2004 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

Mormon Witness To Something Bad Studies Doctrine Mormon

I agree with LDS_Forever here. Pray for guidance, confront them separately, and see what they say or do. Then pray again smile.gif It would be really scary for me to do this, I'm not really very good with confrontations.

Roz

6th Apr, 2004 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

Bad To Witness Mormon

international QUOTE
It would be really scary for me to do this, I'm not really very good with confrontations.

I don't know if I am a drama Queen, but I have no problem confronting people.

6th Apr, 2004 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

Bad To Witness Mormon

I would probably do better with writing them a letter than actually confronting them face-to-face.

<----------wimp

Roz

6th Apr, 2004 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

What it is terrible is when one of the persons involved expect you to keep it as a secret! (it happened to me already) and then they're offended and angry when you speak out. I don't understand it. They are the ones doing the wrong thing and is your fault? undecided.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2004 - 3:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormon Witness To Bad

My first reaction is to go to the Branch President/Bishop with what I know and with as much documentation as possible. IF it is the Branch President or Bishop, then I would go to the Stake President.

I wouldn't confront either one of the guilty party's.

Reconcile Edited: AGene on 6th Apr, 2004 - 4:00am

6th Apr, 2004 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Witness To Bad Mormon Doctrine Studies

I agree with AGene. If there is NO doubt of the sin, it should be taken to the Bishop or Branch President (Stake President if the Bishop is involved). You have become a witness to the transgression.

If it is a matter of perception, that is you THINK you have witnessed something, but it is ambiguous, you might discuss it with the people involved, but only if you already have a strong relationship with them. Otherwise, again, take it to the appropriate authorities.

An example I can see (used frequently in movies smile.gif ) is where a man is helping a woman to get something out of her eye, and someone walking by thinks they are kissing. Immediately, the rumors start to fly.

Another example is where a passerby sees heavy necking, with absolutely no way to doubt what was happening. This person should go to the Bishop immediately.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mormon Witness To Something Bad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,