Recruiting For The Military

Recruiting Military - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Apr, 2004 - 3:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Recruiting For,Military Military recruitment methods - recruiting youth for future military service
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2004 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

HIGH-TECH RECRUITING

Does modern techniques of getting civilians to join the armed forces affect the seriousness of what it is all about?

For today's military recruiter, the stern scowl of "Uncle Sam wants you!" is increasingly a thing of the past. Instead, the Armed Forces are wooing young prospects with stuff they can relate to -- online games, hot rod races and trendy ads. Source

Recruiting For The Military (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
25th Feb, 2004 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Military The Recruiting

Hmmmm that's tough to answer. I love technology, I love DSL, laugh.gif! but for recruiting people....I don't know, I'm not sure. I suppose they want to make it more 'attractive' for the youth, I suppose there are lots of misconceptions about the military and using methods to get closer to the kids can help to dismiss those misconceptions...not to mention that the new blood, the new generations are changing therefore in order to adapt the military will have to make some changes too.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2004 - 4:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Recruiting For The Military History & Civil Business Politics

One thing I can say is The Corps still has not sold out,I love the new commercial.

The answer to the question is yes,they have always tried to lure in recruits with the latest eye candy. Then once you sign the contract, boom they have you.

They will always do whatever is neccesary to get people interested.

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2004 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Military The Recruiting

I don't think I like the idea of recruiting through war games. It sends out a message saying war is fun. To me that is wrong.

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2004 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Military The Recruiting

I'm getting a 404 error on that article. But I have no problem with the methods of advertisement they use, as long as they don't do a draft. I think drafts are unfair and frightening, and luckily with the high-tech military of today they're quickly becoming something that wouldn't work out too well... in Vietnam it may not have mattered that a lot of people drafted were uneducated, but soon that will be problematic.

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2004 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

My brother wanted to be in the military all his life and was obsessed with war video games/movies, etc. However, after he was in a war, he found that it wasn't as action-packed and "romantic" as he had anticipated. I do think that war games can give people the wrong idea of what war is really like. However I do think that the military is a great option for people who have a desire to serve and want to go to school, because it has some good benefits if you are willing to make the sacrifice. I was going to join the military and was educated extensively on it, but was never misled by anyone actually in the military about the seriousness of the sacrifices a soldier would make.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Apr, 2004 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

Recruiting The Military

Sometimes I wonder how many of those who are in the military are there because that's what they really wanna do or because it is a great option if you want to study in college. When I lived in the US, I saw several commercials of military recruitment that basically focus the whole adverstisiment in the benefit of getting a university education but almost nothing in the military itself.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

21st Apr, 2004 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

Recruiting The Military Politics Business Civil & History

For the military, the goal is to have a very young majority at the lower ranks who will only fulfill their initial contract (somewhere between 2 - 4 years usually). A very small percentage (maybe 25% I think I read someplace) will stay beyond their intial contract. The 25% that stay are there because they want to be. The other 75% are there because they thought they wanted to be and then once they enlisted, they discovered they didn't really like it as much as they thought they would.

These percentages work well because if everyone who ever enlisted also re-enlisted, no one would ever get promoted. You need far more Privates than you do Master Sergeants.

Many enlisted people sign up in order to get the training and skill of a particular job. The military is a great place to go if you aren't going to college or just not yet ready for college. If you do well on the entrance tests, you can choose what you want to do within the military, get paid relatively well for an 18 year old while you learn a skill. In addition, you will gain a maturity in the military that you won't any place else.

There are also people who enlist in order to save for college, but I don't see a lot of that actually being used once a person is out. Life generally gets in the way by then. I suggest, if you want help paying for college you could go ROTC. Have college paid while you attend and agree to serve as an officer after college. This is better, I think, then spending time as an enlisted person and then trying to go to college later.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Recruiting For The Military

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,