Mars

Mars - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 5th May, 2004 - 8:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (9) »

?
Poll: Do you think Mars can support life?
  Yes, all life       25.00%
  Some, but not human       58.33%
  No       16.67%
Total Votes: 24
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Getting to Mars - Terra Forming - Getting to Mars from Earth
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2004 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Mars

Mars

It seems like we have the technology to get us there, but not the technology to communicate? Let us discuss some possible reasons for the failure or success of such a mission.

REBOOTING ON MARS IS TRICKY BUSINESS

It's a PC user's nightmare: You're almost done with a lengthy e-mail, or about to finish a report at the office, and the computer crashes for no apparent reason. It tries to restart but never quite finishes booting. Then it crashes again. And again.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,... 44737,00.html

Mars
Mars (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
25th Feb, 2004 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

Mars

I felt very sorry when I heard the robot 'Spirit' stopped comunicating last month, it made me thing how far we are in sending real austronauts to Mars, I cannot wait to see a real mission there, with real people but it seems like technical problems are always an issue. (yep, just like in the movies...the radio never works).

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2004 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #

Mars
A Friend

Mars UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

its not gonna be aneasy mission to get to mars because if u look back in time almost all mission there have had some failurs at some point, and also controling a robot is much more tricky than to get peopel to survive over in mars think about the food supplies, people need alot of food to live and they will stay for a very long time to go to mars and back

money is always the biggest issue though, i think the russians and NASA need a joint operation to get to mars

Post Date: 1st May, 2004 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

Mars
A Friend

Mars

think about the food supplies, people need alot of food to live and they will stay for a very long time to go to mars and back

This is a really valid point. Don't quote me but I think it takes about 9 months to get there and the same back so they would have to be getting sick of eating out of tubes for that long. Maybe they'll try and use some form of suspended animation. I wonder if our technology has come that far yet?

2nd May, 2004 - 3:36am / Post ID: #

Mars

Water would be a big issue, also. How would they keep a steady supply of water? A big majority of the weight of the space craft would have to be water storage. Because, as we know, there is no water on Mars.

Roz

Post Date: 2nd May, 2004 - 10:57am / Post ID: #

Mars
A Friend

Mars

A big majority of the weight of the space craft would have to be water storage.

I have to disagree with you there,FarSeer.
Based on a crew of five astronauts with a maximum water intake of 3 litres of water a day a 2 year mission would reguire approximately 10950L weighing 11 tons and occupying only 11 cubic metres of space.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th May, 2004 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

Mars
A Friend

Mars

11 meters cubed ''only'' thats alot of mass and space releative to how heavy the ''spaceship'' needs to be to get all the equipment and could u please please please tell me is it true that 1 meter cubed of water has a mass of 1000kg and what evidence you have ?????????????????????

Post Date: 5th May, 2004 - 8:02am / Post ID: #

Mars
A Friend

Mars Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

please please please tell me is it true that 1 meter cubed of water has a mass of 1000kg and what evidence you have ?????????????????????
This table can be found HERE

Measurement conversion chart Metric unit Symbol Anglo-american unit
1 meter
= 100 cm
= 1000 mm m 3.28 feet
= 1.0936 yards
= 39.37 inches
1 litre l 0.2642 US-Gallons (0.22 Imp.-Gallons)
1 cubic metre
(water)
= 1000 litres
= 1 metric ton m3 35.3147 cubic feet
1 square metre m2 10.7639 square feet

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Mars

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,