Mars - Page 2 of 9

Terra Forming On a National Geographic documentary - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 15th Feb, 2010 - 12:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (9) »

?
Poll: Do you think Mars can support life?
  Yes, all life       25.00%
  Some, but not human       58.33%
  No       16.67%
Total Votes: 24
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Getting to Mars - Terra Forming - Getting to Mars from Earth
Post Date: 14th Aug, 2005 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mars - Page 2

NASA ORBITER BLASTS OFF TO MARS

NASA launched a space probe bound for Mars on Friday on a mission to help discover whether the planet could support future life.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/science/national/2...mars050812.html

Sponsored Links:
10th Sep, 2005 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

Mars

I was not aware that the Spirit had stopped communicating. I read their sight almost daily and I don' remember that being mentioned. As for sustaining life on Mars, there is most likely water located on the planet. This combined with other equipment brought by astronauts would be able to sustain a colony. As a planet itself, the atmosphere is too thin and lacking in oxygen to current support any life as we know it. We have found a few organisms that are able to sustain life without oxygen on this planet but they were in other very energetic areas. I hope at sometime we will be able to colonize the moon and later Mars. Once this is done earth bound people may start to view the earth much mor on the macro scale rather than their rather myopic view today.

Wyldehorse

10th Sep, 2005 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

Mars UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I don't think Mars can support all life. Maybe in a long time from now Mars's conditions would change. As to other life forms, we don't know which life forms are out there, and probably there is a life form that could live in the conditions of Mars.

Post Date: 17th Sep, 2005 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 2 Mars

New Company Sets Goal of Settling Mars
By BRIAN BERGSTEIN

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - All companies set goals, but newly formed 4Frontiers Corp. is eyeing some expansive horizons. The company's mission: to open a small human settlement on Mars within 20 years or so. Sure, it may sound far-fetched. And the company's initial plans are a lot more terrestrial than ethereal, like developing a 25,000-square-foot replica of a Mars settlement here on Earth, then charging tourists admission.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050917/ap_on_.../red_planet_inc

26th Nov, 2005 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

Mars

I believe in the near future we will be able to live on mars or the moon. As for communications we just need to set up rally points to relay one message to the next rally point. It may take a while but after so long of setting up mars to obtain life with robots it will happen. The basic plan would be to make wells for water to find water. Afterwards find plants that are known to breath the atmosphere and find another to exchange the atoms for the next closes to carbon and the some trees. after a few decades the trees will build an atmosphere hopefully enough to breath in. There is no real way for me to have proof but it is a hypothesis.

27th Nov, 2005 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Mars

Mars supporting life... Just don't see it without a lot of modern technology in place. A mission to Mars on the other hand I don't believe is all that far off. On the subject of water that you were discussing a moment ago... I can't remember this for sure so if I am giving bad information please correct me, but didn't they discover an ice mass on Mars such as a glacier or something? I hate it for the Sprint robot. I guess they will just have to invest a few more millions of dollars to send up another one. smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Dec, 2005 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

Mars - Page 2

I think it is possible to colonize mars but we will be living in massive domed cities with hydroponics gardens and resevoirs of water instead of wells. but the problem of water is the most difficult to overcome, it is just financially impossible.

15th Feb, 2010 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

Mars Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

Terra Forming

On a National Geographic documentary the idea of Terra Forming using green house gases on Mars was put out as a possible way to get heat and vapor from frozen ice caps eventually resulting in a light atmosphere. Later after green life came along to breathable air. Maybe a couple centuries away but to see researchers deliberating over it really shows how far we have come as a human race. We can hardly manage ourselves but we want to Terra Form Mars.

Mars
Mars (Hover)

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Mars

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,