Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences - Page 3 of 10

QUOTE (byersjen @ 8-Jan 07, 12:57 - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 10th Feb, 2007 - 2:21am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »
Mormon Spirits We started this Topic in the Exorcism thread so I thought in adding a new thread about spirits being attached to a person or experiences of similar nature from an LDS perspective.
30th Dec, 2006 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences - Page 3

I believe the account by Heber C. Kimball where he was attacked by the unseen in Preston (I have a picture with me in that same room) is one of the best accounts of how aware 'they' are of us. Of course there is also the most common one which is often ignored as a manifestation from the dark side: the First Vision.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Dec, 2006 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences
A Friend

Experiences Mormon and Spirits Wandering Lingering

I am new to www.internationaldiscussions.com. I have experienced what I believe to be accounts with the spirit world, both the good and "suffering" since I was a small child. It started when I was about 10 maybe 9. My friends and I played with an Ouija board (I hate even saying the name of that evil thing) even though my mother and church teachers had warned of the dangers. My friends and I experienced something very frightening and after that is when I experienced the evil presence. I won't go into a long recount other than that I saw the evil presence as clear as day once. The other times he was shadows and other times a complete and strong knowledge and physical feeling of his presence. I knew he was wicked and that he was trying to destroy me not only spiritually, but physically as well. I believe he had the power to eventually kill me. My Bishop told me to leave my home immediately and call for Priesthood holders to bless my home the next time it happened. However, my mother, a strong LDS woman, did not, or did not want, to believe what I was experiencing was real. So I had no choice but to stay and continue to experience this evil.

One day, when the evil was yelling and cursing and tormenting me audibly, I almost lost my sanity. Suddenly I heard a second voice, a voice I felt was safe and good (I believe it was my deceased "real" grandmother on my father's side who died when my father was 12--but that is another experience I will address at another time. I need to explain that I could not understand these spirits--they were speaking what I knew was German--which is my parents native language. The woman was yelling at the male spirit and he in turn was yelling inhumanly back. The yelling continued for several minutes as I cowered with my hands covering my ears. Then the voices began to fade, and eventually ceased. I felt, rather than heard, the female (my grandmother) tell me that all was now well. I have never experienced that evil male spirit sense.

Please, those of you who have experienced either good or evil visits, tell me, did any of you tell Church officials--Bishops, Stake Presidents, etc.? And if so, how did they react and respond?

I believe--have been taught through readings--that the spirit world is here on Earth, just behind the thin veil. Does anyone know of teachings by Church officials or doctrine, if some of these spirits can remain "earthbound" due to excessive desire for the material life they can no longer live, or due to tragic, sudden death and they are not willing to accept their demise?

Please help me... I feel as though I'm either going crazy or that I experience these things for another, terrifying reason.

31st Dec, 2006 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences Studies Doctrine Mormon

I had a couple of experiences but one spirit I saw was not evil and I did not feel scared either. Yes, the veil is very thin and I am not sure why sometimes these Spirits can become visible to us and sometimes they cannot.

Please help me... I feel as though I'm either going crazy or that I experience these things for another, terrifying reason.

I am a bit concerned (based on reading a couple of your posts). You mentioned in another thread you are Bi-polar, so I am sure you are under some sort of medication? Do you think maybe is a side effect of the drug/drugs you may be using for your condition? Please, do not take it in the wrong light, I am just trying to help.

What about prayer and fasting? How often do you pray for these experiences to go away?

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2007 - 5:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Experiences Mormon and Spirits Wandering Lingering

I have been successfully medicated for about 8 years (I'm 44, so I experienced the extreme symptoms of bipolar from about 17 until 36); however, most of the experiences I had occurred well before I was even diagnosed. The experiences started when I was only 9 or 10. That is why I never suspected my experiences to be a symptom of bipolar nor the medications. In fact, I sometimes suspect that it is the medications that have ended the experiences for me. My medications block certain brain activity, which I believe my have blocked whatever "connection" I might have had to the spirit world.

I did pray during the "evil" experiences; however, I never felt the need to pray to end the "good" experiences. I wasn't scared during those, more in awe and curious.

Rather off topic, but...
Don't worry, I'm not offended by questions about bipolar disorder. I'm only offended by ignorance.

Happy New Year to those in EST! It's now 12:00 your time!

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Offtopic Tags so that the Thread maintains the same subject matter and does not develop into another Topic.

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2007 - 5:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Experiences Mormon and Spirits Wandering Lingering

I have heard it said over & over that this happens mostly at night, just before going to sleep. What about in broad daylight, out in public, or in a vehicle? What about a voice from these evil spirits? I also wonder how much control we have over whether or not they can physically harm us, kill us, or take our bodies from us- does anyone have any insight to offer on this?

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2007 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

byersjen-- my accounts with the evil entity I mentioned in my above post (as well as the account with the "good" entity--I have had many experiences other than the above posted one) were almost all during the daylight hours. I was not asleep.

The Out-of-body experience (also referred to as 'Astral Projection') I experienced did happen during sleep, but always during the early morning hours--not during REM, so I don't believe them to be dreams.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2007 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences - Page 3

I had an experience when I was about 15 or 16, maybe younger.

It was a school night and my mother kept nagging me to go to bed. For some reason, I did not want to go down in my room and was disregarding her requests altogether.

Finally I decided to go down into basement where my room was and try to sleep.
I got into my bed and as I laid my head down on my pillow, everything that had happened to me the night before came flooding into my mind in such rush, I jumped out of bed and scared for my life, I ran upstairs and sat back down at my post where I was the whole time my mom was trying to convince me to go to bed.

She then sat down with me and, knowing something was wrong, began to plead for answers from me.

I then completely broke down in tears. Finally, after a while and in between sobs, I tried to relate to them what had happened to me the night before:

I was awaken in the middle of the night. I could not open my eyes. I could not speak or open my mouth. I heard what sounded like a buzzing noise in my ear (but, I think, it sounded that way due to the muscles in my face straining. like when you yawn or try to use the muscles in your eye to push your eyes back).

I then realized that I was floating in the air with my arms hanging down and my back arched.

While this all was happening, I knew exactly what was happening. There was no amazement or wonderment of what was going on. I knew. I knew what it was and I knew who it was. When I was younger, my father used to tell me how you can cast an evil spirit out of your presence if you command him in the name of jesus christ.

I layed there suspended for several moments trying to gain enough strength to command it to leave. I struggled and struggled. I was losing all hope because I could not open my mouth at all to command it to leave. I felt completely unable to do anything. I felt complete despair like it was the end of my soul. And that was it. That's all I remember. I don't know what happened after that. I didn't remember anything of what happened until I laid my head down on my pillow the next night when everything came flooding back into my mind.

My father gave me a blessing of strength against the adversary and I slept in my sisters room for 2 weeks(although there were no bad feelings, just the memory)

My mother told me she has has similar experiences(while asleep) and so has her father(while laying awake in bed). My dad just said he was glad it never happened to him.

I know it was not a dream. I know it was real. I never saw anything. No images, just black.(my eyes were closed and it was dark)

ever since then, I always had "nightmares" of what happened that night. never any images. just the feelings that I felt of being restrained with the buzzing noises. that's it. I used to force myself to wake up when it happened. Like I could hear my dad typing in the room next to me and trying to yell out to him but cant. Finally waking up and going in and talking to him. The way I work, everything can be reasoned through. Me and my reasoning mind though just ignores the "nightmares" now. I immediately know it's not real and just a dream. I feel the "sensations" coming on and sort of sleep over them without any worries and they disappear... they've eventually disappeared altogether and have only happened to me once since I've been married.

I guess my question is this. I have always felt like I gave up in that moment. I let whoever it was that was attacking me win because I couldn't wrestle anymore. I've always been afraid of what happened after that moment because I don't remember after that. What could that evil spirit have eventually done to me? is it limited to just scaring the crap out of me or can it do stuff to me? Take up residence within me because I gave up was not able to rebuke it? That last is my biggest fear.

While in the MTC, the other elders(2 mongolian, 1 american) that shared my room used to tell me I talked in my sleep very loud and that it sounded mongolian only it wasn't mongolian. Later in the field, my companions used to tell me I scared them at night because I talked very loud and guttural. Are those indications of anything that happened that night when I was 15 or 16?

I am not consumed and paranoid by these ideas. But the suppositions are present in me.

Any thoughts?

10th Feb, 2007 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

QUOTE (byersjen @ 8-Jan 07, 12:57 AM)
I have heard it said over & over that this happens mostly at night, just before going to sleep. What about in broad daylight, out in public, or in a vehicle? What about a voice from these evil spirits? I also wonder how much control we have over whether or not they can physically harm us, kill us, or take our bodies from us- does anyone have any insight to offer on this?
Whether or not they can physically ham us,or kill us

I often wandered the same myself Byersjen. I bought my house 2years ago. Close to the closing date my agent called us and told us that the owner grandson's friend was left in the house alone and shot himself in my attic. We of course had no choice but to still move in because our house was sold. The first week we slept on the couch in the living room. Neither of us wanted to sleep in the attic which was our bedroom. I had trouble sleeping those nights lots of horrible nightmares I finally got up one night and prayed and read my book of mormon and had the priesthood holders come the next day and bless my home. I still have bad dreams or nightmares not like before though. Sometimes I think about the person who killed himself here. I am glad I do not know what he looks like. My 8 year old son tells sometimes he sees someone by his window.
Paintingblue

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Lingering / Wandering Spirits & Mormon Experiences

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,